News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Looking for help

Started by Coralsnake, October 04, 2020, 03:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I would like to start an article on over the counter Shelby shifter knobs. Anyone have any of the old catalogs ? Some good scans might be s good start.

Coralsnake68@hotmail.com

J_Speegle

So the requirement for it being Shelby specific would be something with a Cobra on it? The word "Cobra"?

Have some era JC Whitney, Honest Charlie and the individual producer catalogs just wanted the  "rules of the game" ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Well, lets start with no rules and we can sort them accordingly

Lets just say period correct 65-70ish

Szabo

Hello,

i hope i can help and understand your question about Knobs right

here are from the Shelby Parts Cataloug 1969

jguyer

You probably already have this, I think it's quite common.

From Shelby Accessories, not dated but looks to be from 1969 as Carroll Shelby is on back page with a 1969 GT500.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

jguyer

Looks like Szabo can type faster than I.
But I have more holes than his.
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

J_Speegle

Ok your game - your rules :)

Here are some others - Just from one source from the era. Didn't include all the different Hurst knobs that you could adapt to a Shelby

Mr Gaskets

EECLO

Generic white knob

Supplier not noted

Cal Custom

More Cal Custom

And even more

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Szabo

hope this helps too, ad for Cobra Knob from 1965

J_Speegle

Thought this might interest you though (since it was a sports car catalog/supplier) it did not list an direct application for a Shelby

from AMCO

Dan353

What is the car on the front cover of the Shelby Accessories catalog.  I don't recognize it

Szabo

Shelby Lonestar ?

Coralsnake

Cobra Ned

Only people of a certain age will remember The Smothers Brothers and their weekly comedy show. When they would break for a commercial, Tom - the goofy one - would sometimes intone, "We'll be right back. Don't play with your knob!" I would offer the same suggestion to anyone viewing this thread.   ;)

jerry merrill

On my GT 500 #1857 which i sold to the third owner back in 1977, the shift knob for the 4 speed was wood and had a small emblem similar to the steering wheel emblem but smaller, i used to think it was factory but never saw another like it, the knob had broken before I sold the car but I saved the emblem.

Coralsnake