News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Desire electrical schematic showing the Tilt Circuit

Started by nvr-enuf, October 05, 2020, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvr-enuf

Hello Everyone
We started with a running driving car then decided to change out the complete wiring in the car, now after all installed, we have some issues with the ignition system (wont start or even turn over).  I go to try to start the car and besides the noise under the dash (see below) I get nothing under the hood and not much draw on the console AMP (alternator) guage.   The steering wheel is pulled down and in the position that I can tilt up and down.  I know if the tilt away is in the position  when you go to open the drivers door the car wont start. I am pretty sure the column is correct to enable the car to start.  If there is a way to verify this part of the starting circuit, please let me know.  Also we did not take out the column or the vacuum actuator - just replaced the wiring

I do have the Jim Osborn electrical books "but" the books do not show the Ignition electrical schematic w/ the tilt-away column included. 
What I am getting is this:
- solenoid sounding "click" under the dash when I turn the ignition to "on position"
- solenoid sounding "click" under the dash when I turn the ignition to "start position"
The sound is NOT coming from the vaccum actuator solenoid which communicates with the driver's door.  That is a separate "click" when you push the lower door jam switch in and out.

What I have tried to problem solve:
- Pulled vacuum actuator rod under dash which connects to the cable completely out and made sure the adjustment is pulled out
- Jumpered the Red w/ blue stripe 2 pin (male/female) connector on the engine harness side that plugs into the vaccum actuator under dash.

With the ignition "on" I am getting 6 volts at the distributor Coil - I do not know if that is normal or not. 

If someone has an actual electrical schematic of the ignition system w/ the tilt column that would be great.

nvr-enuf

I have this one which helps but  a true electrical schematic would be best

nvr-enuf

I figured out the issue
Thanks to the forum member (s) that helped me out !