News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Started by 6S1568, March 21, 2018, 07:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Denny,

Can you tell if the tightening nut is square or hex shaped? If square it is likely original. There will also be a date code stamped on the side of the nut. For your car I would suspect A6 (Jan 66) or possibly a very late 65 date.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

6S1568

Hi Dave, It's a square nut unit. I can't see the date code the way it's positioned now. Wait till I remove it, and I'll check. I'll keep you posted. Denny

6S1568

I picked up this sending unit and was wondering if it will work as a replacement for my original unit? This one has  the number 90 on it. Looking at the Ford part number, that it might be for a truck. Anyone know if this one is OK to use on my 66?

C7TZ-9278-C

Thanks, Denny

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6S1568 on May 05, 2018, 03:09:43 PM
I picked up this sending unit and was wondering if it will work as a replacement for my original unit? This one has  the number 90 on it. Looking at the Ford part number, that it might be for a truck. Anyone know if this one is OK to use on my 66?

C7TZ-9278-C

Thanks, Denny

Hopefully it has the FOMOCO in the oval like the assemblyline one instead of the Fomoco in block letters in the rectangle. Regardless, Yes it will work and a good alternative IMO.  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6S1568

Thanks so much Bob, Sorry the photos were so LARGE. I'm not doing something correctly when I post them from "mygallery", but I'll keep trying. Denny

s2ms

The threaded part looks longer than the typical B7T unit so it will stick up a little further from the block extension piece but don't think that will be an issue...

Dave
Dave - 6S1757