News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Steering wheel for 69 Shelby gt 500

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, November 16, 2020, 10:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

HI- have been searching for topic if any on original STEERING WHEEL for 69 Shelby--my question would be part # how to identify original from reproduction and also restored compared to reproduction from Mustang Shop---thank you--J.Z.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on November 16, 2020, 10:00:27 PM
HI- have been searching for topic if any on original STEERING WHEEL for 69 Shelby--my question would be part # how to identify original from reproduction and also restored compared to reproduction from Mustang Shop---thank you--J.Z.
First off a original steering wheel plastic will be a dark gray instead of black. That is not a absolute tell for determine reproduction vs. genuine however the extreme majority of restorers restore the plastic as black. The repros that I have seen were black plastic instead of the dark gray. FYI the dark gray plastic blends in with the dark charcoal metallic of the steering column other factory interior components better.The repo wheels I have seen were otherwise very nice .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby