News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT350, Flares all around done by Shelby???

Started by BGlover67, October 10, 2020, 09:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

8T03S1425

More often than not, when a Shelby is the subject of a feature article, it's identified with the last 4 digits of it Shelby VIN. It's a simple identification and is usually the 1st question asked and answered, with pride, among enthusiasts. What's the car's number? Absent of that information, especially if it's in different configuration than a typical example, I don't think there is any insult in considering it a nicely modified Mustang. This one seems to be a nicely modified Mustang, with some skilled workmanship, that looks like a Shelby. The owner should be prideful of that.
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

Coralsnake

I believe the Shelby number is in plain view, see the license plate number!

I agree no shame in the modifications, its promoting the story that is at issue.

8T03S1425

Ahhh, my (normally) astute powers of observation failed me.

Yeah, I agree that some parts of the story are a bit tough to believe as true.

Considering the coin he dropped into the car, I'm surprised that he didn't keep performance gauges in their dash locations, even if he kept the camera case finish. I don't get putting a tach where a passenger's calf would be. I also think that Lucas fogs would look better.
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

honker

Just for reference  ;) here's a '70 with Maier flares, rear & front ? ? the photo on track is at Elkhart Lake in 1981. Not sure when the pic with the flares roughed in was taken. This car is still around, ran at Elkhart this fall 2020, any one know it ?

Mike