Author Topic: Will add-on Paxton Supercharger changes  (Read 7169 times)

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Re: Will add-on Paxton Supercharger changes
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 01:44:24 PM »
Admittedly, this is a very ignorant question:  what are some of the noticeable differences that you get with a Paxton? 

Pulls like a big block
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

zray

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 04:09:55 PM »
Admittedly, this is a very ignorant question:  what are some of the noticeable differences that you get with a Paxton? 

Pulls like a big block

+ 1000.       ....... and still corners like a jackrabbit (that's a good thing).

Z

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
  After reading the replies here, I am not so sure about the "Didn't add value" comments from the few cars I've seen advertised in Hemmings and other resources.
 Why, from what I've seen, is the extra, and I mean way extra, asking price over and above the cost for the Paxton plus labor (if done at a shop) is beyond me.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »
  After reading the replies here, I am not so sure about the "Didn't add value" comments from the few cars I've seen advertised in Hemmings and other resources.
 Why, from what I've seen, is the extra, and I mean way extra, asking price over and above the cost for the Paxton plus labor (if done at a shop) is beyond me.
True.  Look at the crazy numbers for resto-mod cars at auctions and in ads over correct originals.  As extra horsepower, even over originality, seems to push the cash meter, non-original power add-ons can make the numbers climb.  At least for now.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »

Pulls like a big block

+ 1000.       ....... and still corners like a jackrabbit (that's a good thing).

Z

Outstanding!  Thanks to both of you, as I've always wondered if the difference in feel / performance would make it worth the money.  It sounds like this might be the case.
Nothing beats a classic!

1969shelbygt350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 04:38:51 PM »
I guess some people want performance and others want stock!

Base on each individual!

Thx
Paul

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Will it change the value of the Shelby price!!!

Thx

Paul
I thought the original question had to do with market value with the personal touches added vs not added . That was what my previous answer in reply# 3 was geared to. There is nothing wrong with personal touches like a add on supercharger as long as maintaining or increasing the market value of a car is not a consideration. If you find personal touches on a car that you are trying to purchase and they are to your liking then all the better.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1969shelbygt350

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »
Thx Bob

Paul