News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Recent discussion on Morrison's 67 G.T. 500

Started by deathsled, October 11, 2020, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: roddster on February 09, 2021, 12:14:31 PM
   "Big Red"...now that's funny.  So, whats "Big Red"??????

Blown experimental GT500 'Big Red' per the Cobra Crier June 1967.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

FL SAAC

Forgot about "him"....you know he was also in FROZEN?

Quote from: 557 on February 09, 2021, 03:09:50 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on February 09, 2021, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on February 09, 2021, 01:14:20 PM
What's his screen name? I think he's the guy from Miami that recommended the best ice and snow tires he's ever had in July?

Probably had snow chains on his "Cobra"?

No one in MIA would touch snow......but  still Jimmys car don't exist
.    Tony Montana??? ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

68krrrr

Yea would be nice to here from the Op that told us about the show since it aired & the comments,someone should pm him & tell him to comment now.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

FL SAAC

Aloha 68krrrr

FYI

They mentioned the vehicle in their program resides in  Kansas,  the poster informing us of this stellar programs handle or name is Kansas, any relationship there ?

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 08, 2021, 08:59:24 AM
Alright, alright, alright, let's memorialize this EPIC production that played on Saturday February 6, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.

Watched it and looked at it as what it is ENTERTAINMENT.

They mentioned the vehicle in their program resides in  Kansas,  the poster informing us of this stellar programs handle or name is Kansas, any relationship there ?

On another note, once upon a time there was a band Kansas. They had a song "Dust in the wind", that is precisely what Jimmys car is  "Dust in the wind, all that car is dust in the wind".......

Our opinion on "Jimmys car" it is gone from the face of the earth .

Having said that, it does not rule out the creativity of some master craftsmen or artisan to reconstruct and resurrect it.

And if and when it comes back to life, not even the most astute people, judges, conoseurs  will be able to distinguish this Phoenix risen from the ashes that it's not the real one.

Possibly someone of  great influence would want to or has been working for many years now recreating or resuscitating this very valuable Shelby

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too....

Quote from: Kansas on February 06, 2021, 10:52:57 AM
The Auto Biography on MotorTrend TV will air their Missing Mustangs Episode on tonight, at 8PM Central. It will talk about  the Bullitt Mustang and on the last half talk about Jim Morrison's Shelby GT500.  It will feature car 1888 as an example which was sold by an Albuquerque, NM dealer Richardson Ford.  While he is not claiming it is Morrisons the current owner has been told by past owners that this Shelby was Morrisons. Jim had been seen in their showroom looking at it according to locals. Apparently this was verified back in the 90's by Larry Poole who was the GM of Richardson Ford who looked up records on microfish.  He never copied it and they no longer exists. When Nuckolls the current owner purchased the car it was a project. He had seen an article by Bret Mattison so he called him at midnight one night and left a voice mail. According to the owner, Bret called him right back and seemed upset that he had purchased the car 1888 as he was supposed to buy it? Bret offered to buy it 3 times during the conversation which was declined. The producers of this show contacted Bret and discussed the article and Nuckolls car. He told them Morrisons was car 939 and agreed to send them an unredacted copy of the registration certificate with the VIN Shown on it to prove it. He never did and quit returning their calls.  When 1888 was restored it was found to have repaired damage consistant with repairs in the late 60's with then new Ford parts in the places that  Morrisons recorded wrecks damaged.? It all covered in the show.  It would be helpful to see the real Morrison registration document with the VIN on it to put this to rest one way or another.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on February 07, 2021, 08:59:45 PM
Y'all still still talking about this fakaroo?

Missing the Super Bowl with the dummy who paid $7 million to be the star of the half time show and had 100s of people jumping around with jock straps on their heads?

Let's go Teech's Boy's !
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

I watched the show last night. Really was hard to watch. Lets see the owner of little red didn't know what he had and left it sitting in a field. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told the owner of LR knew what he had but those in the "know" told him in the 90s LR was long gone and he didn't have it. I suspect the owner kept the car because deep down he knew his car was something special and was right. The longtime owner of Bullitt worked with it with his son over they years? Well when I saw it up front on a preview day at the Detroit auto show it looked more like it was neglected and never worked on for decades. Then the "Bret  wanted to buy the 67 Shelby really bad" trying to allude Bret might be trying to pull a fast one to get the blue lady in his clutches by not releasing the VIN to the current owner? If I was Bret I'd be pissed as that is what I took out of that part of the show. Like I said before I find those 2 really hard to watch especially with that love crush the taller one has for Ferraris. Hey ,how about they took a 65-66 CPU generated Mustang and morphed it into a coupe. They couldn't even us a 67 model? SMH.... Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

capecodmustang.com

Both the owner and the Motor Trend wanted me to share documents on #939..

Would you share documents you own with a guy that already made false claims about his car and even
changed the interior color to support his fraud?
Since Nuckolls has quite an imagination it might take him a few hours to change my documents to #1888 on an registration with Morrison's name on it.

And Motor Trend's position is everyone has to prove #1888 isn't Morrison's car rather than #1888's owner has to prove it is ?

All Mr. Nuckolls is trying to do is put in motion that someday someone will pay millions for a 67 GT 500 because he claims Morrison was the original owner.

He's been told numerous times that he does not own Morrison's car and in his mind he wants his viewing audience to believe everyone is trying to buy it from him.
He's simply a dishonest and ignorant Shelby owner.

FL SAAC

Wasn't sure so i consulted with our royal advisor.....no

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on February 10, 2021, 09:17:04 AM

Would you share documents you own with a guy that already made false claims about his car and even
Since Nuckolls has quite an imagination it might take him a few hours to change my documents to #1888 on an registration with Morrison's name on it.

And Motor Trend's position is everyone has to prove #1888 isn't Morrison's car rather than #1888's owner has to prove it is ?

All Mr. Nuckolls is trying to do is put in motion that someday someone will pay millions for a 67 GT 500 because he claims Morrison was the original owner.

He's been told numerous times that he does not own Morrison's car and in his mind he wants his viewing audience to believe everyone is trying to buy it from him.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Coralsnake

Correct me if I am in error, but interior color is part of a 1967 VIN?

Shelby 101

427hunter

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on February 10, 2021, 09:17:04 AM

I'm glad you told them to pound sand! I agree they are fishing for a chump...

Am I correct that 1888 has no inner fender number ?
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427hunter on February 10, 2021, 05:03:39 PMAm I correct that 1888 has no inner fender number ?
I have heard there are no Ford numbers on the car. I have not seen the car if they are gone they were possibly lost during accident or rust repair. It would have been prudent for the repairer to keep the original Ford VINs. Without that original number SAAC will not even certify it as a Shelby. It will be seen as a rebody.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Jim Croce sang ... YOU DONT SPIT INTO THE WIND, YOU DONT TUG ONTO SUPERMANS CAPE, AND YOU DONT MESS AROUND WITH JIM, all great words of advise for life, and vintage SHELBYS. Our in house Superman is SHELBY expert BRET-   Nuff said!

J_Speegle

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on February 10, 2021, 07:00:37 PM
.................Without that original number SAAC will not even certify it as a Shelby. It will be seen as a rebody.

Or air car  ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

68krrrr

I looked up car #1888 in the registry & it's only a couple pages away from my Nightmist Blue /parchment car & #1888 is  definitely F2A  black interior from Albuquerque not SoCal ,how hard would it have been for Motor Trend to verify this info.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam