News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Recent discussion on Morrison's 67 G.T. 500

Started by deathsled, October 11, 2020, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 12, 2020, 07:51:17 AM
That's not entirely accurate.

Bret bought the registration off eBay and the VIN is known to many people. I believe there are notes in the Registry as well. I will respect his desire to keep the number private. Its not so much refusing to share, but rather not publicly posting it for everyone to see.

Thanks for sharing. I would like to see what they say about the Mustang, especially the Mexico version.
Yeah that would be interesting the take on the Mexican car. I heard the story from Kevin Marti a few years back after he went and saw the car in Mexico. Interesting story. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

QuoteThe VIN is known to many people

I quote myself, because I can

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 13, 2020, 06:40:42 AM

It's good to quote reliable sources.

I tend to agree with Miami Tony on this one.

A vehicle very closely resembling the "Blue Lady" is very likely to appear at some near point in the future from a location not originating within the US but from a place similar to if not in fact Mexico.  ;)

Possibly classified as another form of Montezuma's Revenge?

I find the "Hard Facts" article, not at all humorous but largely an inept waste of time. I personally do not see where there is suspicion of foul play but if I was to suspect anyone of that I'd be looking at his girl friend.

She was largely a "wasted hophead" but I don't necessarily give her doubt that it wasn't in her heart or ability. Maybe she was the lady from "Stairway to Heaven" and she wanted him to "see God"?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

I doubt it will ever show up. At least not based on it's original unibody. In the 70s crashed and clapped out cars even Mustangs and Shelbys were bringing good money being crushed and sent to Japan. All of the junk yards were cleaning out and scrapping the scrap. Some new junkyards even sprang up with a new business model. Cars neatly placed in rows sorted by make. They were there for 30-60 days and them they were crushed and hauled to the port. Even later they added a giant wood chipper type machine that they shredded the cars so more fit in the hold.
Yes the Blue Lady is gone but she will rise again from a foreign junkyard and then be "verified" after a lot of the original sheetmetal has been changed.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Plus One !

Mas Uno !

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 13, 2020, 06:40:42 AM

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 18, 2020, 04:10:20 PM
"Total Fees $6."  Those were the days.

$6 in 1969 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $42.57 in 2020, a difference of $36.57 over 51 years. The 1969 inflation rate was 5.46%. The current year-over-year inflation rate (2019 to 2020) is now 1.18%

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

$42.57 for a '67 "GT500" registration in 2020 sounds pretty good.

But, I'll still take the $6 in 1969, and the world as it was then.  Viet Nam excepted.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Kansas

The Auto Biography on MotorTrend TV will air their Missing Mustangs Episode on tonight, at 8PM Central. It will talk about  the Bullitt Mustang and on the last half talk about Jim Morrison's Shelby GT500.  It will feature car 1888 as an example which was sold by an Albuquerque, NM dealer Richardson Ford.  While he is not claiming it is Morrisons the current owner has been told by past owners that this Shelby was Morrisons. Jim had been seen in their showroom looking at it according to locals. Apparently this was verified back in the 90's by Larry Poole who was the GM of Richardson Ford who looked up records on microfish.  He never copied it and they no longer exists. When Nuckolls the current owner purchased the car it was a project. He had seen an article by Bret Mattison so he called him at midnight one night and left a voice mail. According to the owner, Bret called him right back and seemed upset that he had purchased the car 1888 as he was supposed to buy it? Bret offered to buy it 3 times during the conversation which was declined. The producers of this show contacted Bret and discussed the article and Nuckolls car. He told them Morrisons was car 939 and agreed to send them an unredacted copy of the registration certificate with the VIN Shown on it to prove it. He never did and quit returning their calls.  When 1888 was restored it was found to have repaired damage consistant with repairs in the late 60's with then new Ford parts in the places that  Morrisons recorded wrecks damaged.? It all covered in the show.  It would be helpful to see the real Morrison registration document with the VIN on it to put this to rest one way or another.

FL SAAC

Alright, alright, alright....we are letting the cat out of the bag.

We have Jimmys car.

Just like many Ford / Shelby cars that where repurposed (1967s mocked up to look like 1968s etc)

We are guilty of this.

Im order not to attract attention we cut the roof of with a saw saw, made it a convertible.  The original blue through out the years has faded to this interesting shade. The interior parchment interior still resides in it, but we used Clorox clean up and it is now whiter.

The piece of resistance to take Jimmys car totally off the radar, we put a 1969 vin # on it.....

I know many will skoff at this theory but we assure you that this car....was Jimmys....

We have it, mystery over and thank you for keeping our secret safe

I have all UNGOLD cars

Coralsnake

QuoteHe told them Morrisons was car 939 and agreed to send them an unredacted copy of the registration certificate with the VIN Shown on it to prove it. He never did and quit returning their calls.  When 1888 was restored it was found to have repaired damage consistant with repairs in the late 60's with then new Ford parts in the places that  Morrisons recorded wrecks damaged.? It all covered in the show.  It would be helpful to see the real Morrison registration document with the VIN on it to put this to rest one way or another.

I have seen it. The registration was sold on eBay many years ago. I don't think there is any controversy here at all.  It is also recorded in the Shelby Registry, so apparently there must be a conspiracy. LOL

GT350DAVE

Car #1888 is not the Morrison car. The 67 Registry has told the owner this repeatedly. He still doesn't get it.
We have clear documentation of the real car #939.
The present owner of #1888 even changed the black interior to parchment to make the car look more like the Morrison car.  It isn't.
I hope Motor Trend TV did their homework or they will look like a bunch of idiots.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

capecodmustang.com

The idea that Mr. Nuckolls has Morrison's car is a total joke.

Morrison's car is # 939.
There's plenty of documents and history showing this.
I shared documents at the time however he always had an excuse.  He's just convinced he has the car.
And there's nothing that will change his mind.

I don't recall my conversation with Nuckolls however he told Mustang Monthly he had Morrison's car.
I quickly found out that he did not and contacted MM.
He called me years ago and I told him the facts but he was adamant he had the car.
Dave Mathews also told him that #1888 was NOT Morrison's car and during my last conversation with Dave he mention that he too gave up trying to convince Nuckolls.

Throughout the years I've had many people contact me about my documents and proof.
I've been interviewed and questioned and when #1888 and Nuckolls name comes up I just shut it down.
After awhile somedays you just need to walk away and allow that person to believe what they want.

It's a little like the moon landing and the guy that claimed it was a hoax.
Don't you think Neil Armstrong got tired of hearing about it?

Bret Matteson

427hunter

Quote from: GT350DAVE on February 06, 2021, 12:26:37 PM
Car #1888 is not the Morrison car. The 67 Registry has told the owner this repeatedly. He still doesn't get it.
We have clear documentation of the real car #939.
The present owner of #1888 even changed the black interior to parchment to make the car look more like the Morrison car.  It isn't.
I hope Motor Trend TV did their homework or they will look like a bunch of idiots.
Dave

They will look like a bunch of idiots - the people a Motor Trend are not car people they are woke  entertainment people. I am sure whatever they produce will be awful..
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years