News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Recent discussion on Morrison's 67 G.T. 500

Started by deathsled, October 11, 2020, 11:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

I agree.   And it seems like the only other car TV programs are stupider-than-dirt, boisterous idiot, Gas Monkey type shows.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbymann1970

When watching the car shows I just ignore the drama and watch what they do. Bitchin Rides I admire the metal work they do(and now 3d printing of parts) as I do Ian Rousell on his show. There is a lot to learn about fabrication and restoration on some of the shows. I once talked to Ryan for a while from Counting Cars and learned things I never knew about custom painting. You get out of the shows what you want. I taped that "missing Mustang" episode last night and will watch it. I do find those 2 guys hard to watch on that show. On another note I'm missing something about the second Mexico Bullitt car. Is that FAKE?  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

The best part of this thread is when the ignorant think they can float one by the 1967 experts. Changed the interior color?

I would say nice try, but that was a JV league move.

shelbyhertz66

All the owner of 1888 needs to do is provide the
ford Vin# to the 67 registrar , if he can't/won't do that
then he has no case.  After all who would you trust
Motortrend T.V or S.A.A.C.?

427heaven

As many of you know, my car 1189 is the same color, roamed the same streets, was driven in the same manor... All or nothing as Jims car. It was even taken off the road the same time frame 70-71 leaving me to believe it was THE CAR everyone was looking for. As we now know it is not the same car, but it would have been fun to have found it once again. We continue to see these barn finds being pulled from places all over the world , it might still be out there . I am guessing it will still show up somewhere, even thou these cars were often thrashed they were still top dogs of their era. Most Shelbys,Copos, Hemis were put away even after they had been thrashed within an inch of their lives, and will continue to be brought back from the dead. For that we are all most greatful. :)

Royce Peterson

Tried to watch that show last night. It's so cheaply made. No proof of any kind - really a let down. I wish I had that time back.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on February 07, 2021, 09:44:37 AM
As many of you know, my car 1189 is the same color, roamed the same streets, was driven in the same manor... All or nothing as Jims car. It was even taken off the road the same time frame 70-71 leaving me to believe it was THE CAR everyone was looking for. As we now know it is not the same car, but it would have been fun to have found it once again. We continue to see these barn finds being pulled from places all over the world , it might still be out there . I am guessing it will still show up somewhere, even thou these cars were often thrashed they were still top dogs of their era. Most Shelbys,Copos, Hemis were put away even after they had been thrashed within an inch of their lives, and will continue to be brought back from the dead. For that we are all most greatful. :)

Well, I for one am grateful for having seen and even touched some of these great vehicles that in my case undeniably have affected my life.

I am not happy though that they have become historical relics and as such pretty much condemned to be museum pieces?

Let's face it, the practicality of driving around in a real Daytona Coupe, a Mk IV and even now a million dollar CSX 3000 Cobra are something likely sentenced into the past with little possibility of parole.

As far as recognizing the truth and sometimes the difficulty involved in that is nothing new to mankind.

Not to cop a religious standpoint but just intending to call to attention some of the wisdom of the ancients, "beware of false prophets", seems appropriate in so many ways at the moment.

Apparently it is not an unusual situation for even large groups of the disillusioned to follow snake charmers, no pun intended, and deny reality under the suspicion of some secret undisclosed conspiracy.

There has already been a "Conspiracy Theory" associated with SAAC in regards to the Cobra Registry. The Cobra Registrar has spoken about it here already.

The continued speculation on the Morrison car is just another conspiracy theory in development. Side with the BS or believe the documentation. Seems simple doesn't it?

It's true that the ancients warned about "false prophets" but they didn't explain exactly how to recognize them. I personally would go with the documentation and people of good faith, and side with the '67 Registry. The odds are much better that those are the facts and others are just claims of hallucinations.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR Convertible

Quote from: Royce Peterson on February 07, 2021, 10:53:03 AM
Tried to watch that show last night. It's so cheaply made. No proof of any kind - really a let down. I wish I had that time back.

Yeah.  That was painful to watch.

roddster

02/07/2021:  Nothing like trying to represent a 65 GT 350 by using a poor tribute example multiple times while trying to disect 1) lil'red, 2) Bullit, 3) the blue Lady. All the while standing next to a Ferrari logoed coffee cup.  And, I think a poor example of a Bullet?  Not every scene with a Bullit car had the original in it.
  The question is; have these two folk ever even heard of SAAC?  Could they not of  checked a registry?

shelbydoug

Quote from: roddster on February 07, 2021, 01:04:45 PM
  02/07/2021:  Nothing like trying to represent a 65 GT 350 by using a poor tribute example multiple times while trying to disect 1) lil'red, 2) Bullit, 3) the blue Lady. All the while standing next to a Ferrari logoed coffee cup.  And, I think a poor example of a Bullet?  Not every scene with a Bullit car had the original in it.
  The question is; have these two folk ever even heard of SAAC?  Could they not of  checked a registry?

I'm sure that they have but I think that they question the legitimacy, authority and accuracy of the Registry and "who are we to write this thing called a 'Registry'?"

I can't tell you how many I have heard snicker about SAAC like it is some sort of a local "motorcycle club".

When I can, I like to show them the pictures of the parking lots at Great Gorge and the Hyatt Regency. It usually shuts them up?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

GT350DAVE

Quote from: 427heaven on February 07, 2021, 09:44:37 AM

Dennis,
Your car was always an east coast car located in New York during that time period so it didn't roam the same roads. It also has black interior. Even though I asked you directly to participate in the Registry, you chose not to. It was never the Morrison car.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

shelbyhertz66

Sadly this example may end up at an Auction venue hyped up "believed to be" the lost
Jim Morrison car.
with the past owners to include Tooth fairy and Tinker Bell
Tinker being the one who changed the interior to parchment

KR500

Quote from: KR Convertible on February 07, 2021, 12:26:57 PM
Quote from: Royce Peterson on February 07, 2021, 10:53:03 AM

Yeah.  That was painful to watch.
My thoughts exactly, painful.
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: roddster on February 07, 2021, 01:04:45 PMThe question is; have these two folk ever even heard of SAAC?  Could they not of  checked a registry?
Ignorance is bliss - if they did ANY checking they would not have a show to sell to the uneducated masses.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless