Author Topic: Recent discussion on Morrison's 67 G.T. 500  (Read 24801 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: Recent discussion on Morrison's 67 G.T. 500
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2021, 08:24:36 PM »
 Dave thanks for the heads up on things. I am aware my car was never the BLUE LADY, a few years ago the MORRISON car number seemed to be TOP SECRET! When I asked SAAC what the number was or is , I got the run around stating my car was not it. Ok fair enough I wasnt trying to make my car out to be the sacred car, but it was a strange feeling that I might have had it. Even some of the old school guys thought it might be his car because they didnt know the car number either. I am also aware that it was a street racer from the east coast... NEW YORK, JERSEY, PHILLY, areas for the first few years of its life, but it went to the left coast shortly after. My cars name at the time was BLUE CHEER which was documented from some of the old timers that saw it at the track or running around the streets. Apparently that was some type of feel good narcotic from the 1960s. Keeping track of a car for the last 54 years is an interesting thing since you have to sorta have to believe what a previous owner states, to be taken with a grain of salt or not. So from New YORK to LOS ANGELES is the path my car took, it was said it roamed the west valley Hollywood hills area but since I was not ridding with them at the time I cant confirm or deny... just sharing what the car was doing back in the day. Seems to be more positivity as the years go by. Thanks to all for the willingness to help.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2021, 08:43:19 PM »
Dave thanks for the heads up on things. I am aware my car was never the BLUE LADY, a few years ago the MORRISON car number seemed to be TOP SECRET! When I asked SAAC what the number was or is , I got the run around stating my car was not it. Ok fair enough I wasnt trying to make my car out to be the sacred car, but it was a strange feeling that I might have had it. Even some of the old school guys thought it might be his car because they didnt know the car number either. I am also aware that it was a street racer from the east coast... NEW YORK, JERSEY, PHILLY, areas for the first few years of its life, but it went to the left coast shortly after. My cars name at the time was BLUE CHEER which was documented from some of the old timers that saw it at the track or running around the streets. Apparently that was some type of feel good narcotic from the 1960s. Keeping track of a car for the last 54 years is an interesting thing since you have to sorta have to believe what a previous owner states, to be taken with a grain of salt or not. So from New YORK to LOS ANGELES is the path my car took, it was said it roamed the west valley Hollywood hills area but since I was not ridding with them at the time I cant confirm or deny... just sharing what the car was doing back in the day. Seems to be more positivity as the years go by. Thanks to all for the willingness to help.

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2021, 08:45:21 PM »
FYI during that same time period Blue Cheer was also a surfboard manufacturer in Santa Monica,ca..........

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2021, 08:49:30 PM »
And a kickass band - obviously.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »
Good music, sweet surf boards a HOEDAD could love, and some mind altering substances, sounds like 60s nirvana.  ;D

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2021, 08:59:45 PM »
Y'all still still talking about this fakaroo?

Missing the Super Bowl with the dummy who paid $7 million to be the star of the half time show and had 100s of people jumping around with jock straps on their heads?

Let's go Teech's Boy's !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2021, 09:02:25 PM »
 Thats hilarious we said the same thing!!! Must have raided the locker room for some props... Hope they were washed. :-\

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2021, 03:16:09 AM »
I am glad the registry exists for B.S. just like this - I agree that it looks like they are trying to hype the car for auction, but if a prospective buyer checks here first the truth will get out.. As we know you start with a clean bill of health by the registry, and it's best to have a real expert like Bob have a look at a good car, let alone a car covered with a question marks like this one. There are too many "experts" out there that might have a good knowledge base, but not know proper construction methods/fonts/dates etc.

I apricate the experts here - Bob, Randy, J, Coral snake, etc - the list goes on (sorry if I missed you) ... They point out details and help form a much more discerning eye..   
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
Alright, alright, alright, let's memorialize this EPIC production that played on Saturday February 6, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.

Watched it and looked at it as what it is ENTERTAINMENT.

They mentioned the vehicle in their program resides in  Kansas,  the poster informing us of this stellar programs handle or name is Kansas, any relationship there ?

On another note, once upon a time there was a band Kansas. They had a song "Dust in the wind", that is precisely what Jimmys car is  "Dust in the wind, all that car is dust in the wind".......

Our opinion on "Jimmys car" it is gone from the face of the earth .

Having said that, it does not rule out the creativity of some master craftsmen or artisan to reconstruct and resurrect it.

And if and when it comes back to life, not even the most astute people, judges, conoseurs  will be able to distinguish this Phoenix risen from the ashes that it's not the real one.

Possibly someone of  great influence would want to or has been working for many years now recreating or resuscitating this very valuable Shelby

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too....

The Auto Biography on MotorTrend TV will air their Missing Mustangs Episode on tonight, at 8PM Central. It will talk about  the Bullitt Mustang and on the last half talk about Jim Morrison's Shelby GT500.  It will feature car 1888 as an example which was sold by an Albuquerque, NM dealer Richardson Ford.  While he is not claiming it is Morrisons the current owner has been told by past owners that this Shelby was Morrisons. Jim had been seen in their showroom looking at it according to locals. Apparently this was verified back in the 90's by Larry Poole who was the GM of Richardson Ford who looked up records on microfish.  He never copied it and they no longer exists. When Nuckolls the current owner purchased the car it was a project. He had seen an article by Bret Mattison so he called him at midnight one night and left a voice mail. According to the owner, Bret called him right back and seemed upset that he had purchased the car 1888 as he was supposed to buy it? Bret offered to buy it 3 times during the conversation which was declined. The producers of this show contacted Bret and discussed the article and Nuckolls car. He told them Morrisons was car 939 and agreed to send them an unredacted copy of the registration certificate with the VIN Shown on it to prove it. He never did and quit returning their calls.  When 1888 was restored it was found to have repaired damage consistant with repairs in the late 60's with then new Ford parts in the places that  Morrisons recorded wrecks damaged.? It all covered in the show.  It would be helpful to see the real Morrison registration document with the VIN on it to put this to rest one way or another.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »
Alright, alright, alright, let's memorialize this EPIC production that played on Saturday February 6, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.

They mentioned the vehicle in their program resides in  Kansas,  the poster informing us of this stellar programs handle or name is Kansas, any relationship there ?

On another note, once upon a time there was a band Kansas. They had a song "Dust in the wind", that is precisely what Jimmys car is  "Dust in the wind, all that car is dust in the wind".......

Having said that, it does not rule out the creativity of some master craftsmen or artisan to reconstruct and resurrect it.

And if and when it comes back to life, not even the most astute people, judges, conoseurs  will be able to distinguish this Phoenix risen from the ashes that it's not the real one.

Possibly someone of  great influence would want to or has been working for many years now recreating or resuscitating this very valuable Shelby

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too....

The Auto Biography on MotorTrend TV will air their Missing Mustangs Episode on tonight, at 8PM Central. It will talk about  the Bullitt Mustang and on the last half talk about Jim Morrison's Shelby GT500.  It will feature car 1888 as an example which was sold by an Albuquerque, NM dealer Richardson Ford.  While he is not claiming it is Morrisons the current owner has been told by past owners that this Shelby was Morrisons. Jim had been seen in their showroom looking at it according to locals. Apparently this was verified back in the 90's by Larry Poole who was the GM of Richardson Ford who looked up records on microfish.  He never copied it and they no longer exists. When Nuckolls the current owner purchased the car it was a project. He had seen an article by Bret Mattison so he called him at midnight one night and left a voice mail. According to the owner, Bret called him right back and seemed upset that he had purchased the car 1888 as he was supposed to buy it? Bret offered to buy it 3 times during the conversation which was declined. The producers of this show contacted Bret and discussed the article and Nuckolls car. He told them Morrisons was car 939 and agreed to send them an unredacted copy of the registration certificate with the VIN Shown on it to prove it. He never did and quit returning their calls.  When 1888 was restored it was found to have repaired damage consistant with repairs in the late 60's with then new Ford parts in the places that  Morrisons recorded wrecks damaged.? It all covered in the show.  It would be helpful to see the real Morrison registration document with the VIN on it to put this to rest one way or another.

You're a poet and I didn't even know it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2021, 09:19:57 AM »
Oh no, don't get me started....

Hickory hickory dock....No, no, no, no....

Little Miss Muffet....No, no, no, no....

Poems from one of mentors Professor Andrew Dice Clay....

Car is still a fake and Jimmys car is "polvo"  (dust)

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Jimmy is dead
And his car is too....

You're a poet and I didn't even know it?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2021, 10:33:30 AM »
Someone left the door to the Lounge open again.

:o

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2021, 11:00:19 AM »
Tunnel Vision : the tendency to focus exclusively on a single or limited goal or point of view.

"he has tunnel vision in all matters of opinion"

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2021, 12:47:47 PM »
Dust in the wind?I think not.To paraphrase Jimmy Stewart(the other Jim)from A Wonderful Life:”You’ve got this thing all wrong!!!(Jims car)is in your Toyota Frank,and it’s in your Subaru Mike, and in your kitchen knife Ned,and in your framing hammer Zeke,etc.,etc.,etc.....”.....The blue lady may be melted down and repurposed ,but “gone” I think not...And,apparently ,we will always have the memories.... :(

SFM6S

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »
And to paraphrase Mojo Nixon....he's in your jeans, he's in your mothers jeans, wait...Mojo is referring to Elvis