News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Which 1966 issue of CARS magazine is this??

Started by SFM66H, October 12, 2020, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM6S087

Does anyone have any idea which SFM that test car is? I can't see any backup lights so it might be a carryover. Or maybe there's just too much smoke blocking visibility to that part of the rear valence.

Steve

s2ms

Steve,

I scanned the photo showing the car rear at higher res and adjusted contrast a little in photoshop, IMO the right backup light is visible so not a carryover. I think you can make out the left one as well, but not as convincing as the right.

Dave

Dave - 6S1757

SFM6S087

Dave, THANKS for the extra effort! That answers my question.

Steve

Szabo

Hey,

i am a little late for the Party, but Shelby+LAX+smoking tyres are getting every time, even i am to late :-D

Great test showed, thanks for sharing...

Dear Kieth,

it is maybe possible to get the other site you spoken from the test for my archiv.
It is not possible to can buy to the magazin here in Germany

Greets

Stephan

6T6/7

I see the article subtitle mentions "dial-a-win" automatic shifter. By chance, does the article state this car as an automatic? If so, possible its the same test car used for Sept. 66 Motorcade magazine article "Rent-A-Tiger"? This is the article where a Hertz is compared to a "regular" GT350 to see if its the real thing. 🙂
'66 6S379, '67 GT350 #1661

SFM66H

Quote from: Szabo on October 17, 2020, 03:09:12 PM
Hey,

i am a little late for the Party, but Shelby+LAX+smoking tyres are getting every time, even i am to late :-D

Great test showed, thanks for sharing...

Dear Kieth,

it is maybe possible to get the other site you spoken from the test for my archiv.
It is not possible to can buy to the magazin here in Germany

Greets

Stephan

Stephan,

I'm not sure what you are requesting - please clarify?

Kieth
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

Szabo

Hey Kieth,

i kindly asked if you can show the other sites from the Test ...

Thanks

Stephan

gt350hr

I have the magazine. What stands out to me is steel wheels with LeMans stripes. Definitely a '66 , not a carryover.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.