Author Topic: When bad news is good news for a change!  (Read 8477 times)

Cobra Ned

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
When bad news is good news for a change!
« on: October 14, 2020, 06:00:20 PM »
For at least the past 15 years, an individual has made various posts on different social media and other websites attacking SAAC, its officers, its directors, its Cobra Registrar, and cars he chose to insult. Many of these have appeared through a website called WordPress, which allows posting of unsubstantiated claims but does NOT permit responses challenging them. 

This has given the responsible individual an open season on people and vehicles, and he has taken advantage of this opportunity to call everyone with a position of responsibility with the club all manner of inappropriate, spurious names while simultaneously lying to prospective buyers of different Cobras claiming they were replicas and fakes that SAAC was trying to profit from by selling. He also claimed to be an independent private investigator of the FBI's Los Angeles office, a claim which we immediately proved was a lie.

SAAC has done everything possible to counter the absurd allegations leveled at us without success. Now, it appears that karma has flexed its muscles.

Richard Cranford was the person making these false statements. When confronted by various people he attacked, he cursed at them and refused to acknowledge his participation in the various lies spread around the internet. I am relieved to report that Cranford is no longer among us, as we have just received the news that he has died. Roughly 4 years ago, Richard was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and possibly one could blame it for his mental illness. However, unless this tumor was invading his brain for over 15 years, his own desire to lash out at people who refused to listen to his absurd demands preceded his illness.

I would never wish cancer on anyone. And I am sorry Richard had to go through the process. But I won't say I miss him, and I doubt anyone who came into contact with him ever will.

Bye, Dick!

68gtcoupe

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: When bad news is good news for a change!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 07:46:54 PM »
I just found and read some of his posts on a Wordpress site.  He sounds like a real piece of work. Sorry you had to endure that for so many years Ned (and others). Thank you SAAC for all you do for our hobby. 

Terry

davez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »
Never heard of this, how do you  get to it? Did you need a password?

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 07:50:46 PM »
Never heard of this, how do you  get to it? Did you need a password?

Search "SAAC Conspiracy" in google  ::)

Richard was a real piece of **** work  :o
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »
Had the displeasure of running into this guy when an early VIN Mustang was discovered and he tried to say the door tag and VIN stamping on the car was fake.  A convertible which had been advertised as the earliest known 'production' VIN had been advertised for 7 figures if I remember right.  Somehow he got involved in that camp and didn't like when I validated a car with a VIN one number less than theirs.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 01:46:00 AM »
Karma?

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 07:00:45 AM »
Wow, it took death to finally put a stop to his lies. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 07:37:26 AM »
Hopefully this will end the "controversies" but I suspect there may be someone(s) else, possibly internet inspired to continue?

Inexplicably to me, many like to believe in conspiracy theories regardless of their ridiculousness?

Perhaps it just gives meaning to their otherwise meaningless existences?

To some, there are always monsters hiding under the bed.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 07:48:26 AM »
Had the displeasure of running into this guy when an early VIN Mustang was discovered and he tried to say the door tag and VIN stamping on the car was fake.  A convertible which had been advertised as the earliest known 'production' VIN had been advertised for 7 figures if I remember right.  Somehow he got involved in that camp and didn't like when I validated a car with a VIN one number less than theirs.
in regards to the car that you found how does that compare to the one at The Henry Ford Museum? That car is known as #1, correct?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

KDunne

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
Not to change the topic, but is that a picture of 0001?  if so I would have thought the hood would have the bent edges and the headlight buckets would be beveled.....unless that is just a bad picture angle

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »
Just a reminder cars were not serialized or built in numerical order. But, thats a little off topic.

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 10:46:34 AM »
in regards to the car that you found how does that compare to the one at The Henry Ford Museum? That car is known as #1, correct?

100001 has a scheduled build door plate tag of 05C.  All 05C cars were pre-production and used for many different purposes.  There is no record of when exactly they were built.  It's estimated that the first 200 unit numbers were 05C.

The first day of production at Dearborn was March 9th, so after 05C, the next date on door plates is 09C.  09C cars are considered cars built beginning at the actual start of production.  Up until about 10 or so years ago, a convertible with 100212 was thought to be the earliest 09C car... with a hefty price tag and advertised as the first production built car on the first day of production.  I helped the owner of 100211 validate his car, which is a 6 cyl coupe.  There's no way to know the order the cars were actually built, but we know 212 is not the earliest 'known' 09C unit number.

There have been some articles written on this in the past.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Not to change the topic, but is that a picture of 0001?  if so I would have thought the hood would have the bent edges and the headlight buckets would be beveled.....unless that is just a bad picture angle

The first couple months of production didn't use the common '64.5' hood with beveled edges.  Those early hoods look like a normal '65 hood, although there are understructure features that are different than '65 hoods.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

KDunne

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 10:49:52 AM »

The first couple months of production didn't use the common '64.5' hood with beveled edges.  Those early hoods look like a normal '65 hood, although there are understructure features that are different than '65 hoods.

I knew you would know the explanation on that. 

Cobra Ned

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 05:33:58 PM »
Hopefully this will end the "controversies" but I suspect there may be someone(s) else, possibly internet inspired to continue?

There are indications that even in his altered mental state, Cranford knew he had screwed over many people. A half-brother has materialized, and it was through him we learned of Cranford's death. Now the half-brother has said he was given codes to access the various WordPress postings, and he has agreed to remove them. We will see...