News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Are Tony Branda Repro 1968 GT500 hoods,trunk lids,head light buckets any good?

Started by BlackCobraKR, October 15, 2020, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCobraKR

I am looking to buy a new reproduction 1968 GT500 hood,trunk lid,head lite buckets,etc from Tony Branda. Does anybody know if those fiberglass parts he sells are close to original looking in design and are not really rough looking with terrible design that is knowhere close to original looking. They told me that Legendary makes them out of Canada.

Just trying to get some feed back before purchase. Thanks!

Coralsnake

Is this for an original Shelby or a recreation?

There are fine for a non Shelby. You will spend a good amount of time making them fit properly.

If you have an original car, why would you not round up original parts? Its one of the most unique features the vehicle has.

It makes me recall a story. I went to a show once and a guy had a beautiful 1968 Shelby. The car had reproduction fiberglas and a nice shiny new ID tag. Only because the owner asked, we started a conversation.

He had the original parts. He chose not to use them. I felt like it cast a bad light on an otherwise great car.