News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Two Different Smog Pumps

Started by 2112, October 17, 2020, 08:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 21, 2020, 12:49:23 PM
Quote from: J_Speegle on October 17, 2020, 09:52:42 PM
Sorry - neither  :(   Others may have different opinions.

They could be modified to look something like originals but don't think that is what your asking.

Believe your looking for one with two ports on the back and each of those have the 90 degree elbows.

Maker of the lower pump is not one I've typically seen on a 67 San Jose Mustang/Shelby.  Believe it is a Saginaw provided pump

When you get there don't forget the air deflector over the valve ;)
Back in late 80s early 90s I bought a Calif 67 FB with a 390 4 speed in it. It passed Calif emissions before it came east. I pulled the system off the car and sold it to a 67 GT500 owner in Az(Calif smog car) through Hemmings. I still wonder what was different on the Mustang one and the Shelby one. The long tube(diff intakes)? Thanks. Gary
Without getting into a long explanation on the differences the short answer is it depends on which 67 390 system , if early or  later 67 GT500 and some items are on the Shelby not included on a 390 system. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

430dragpack

Does the closed crankcase system have an effect on the layout/hook up of any thermactor components? Or is it simply hooking the oil fill tube breather up to the air cleaner? What designated/how to tell that a car had a closed system?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 430dragpack on October 25, 2020, 03:50:10 PM
Does the closed crankcase system have an effect on the layout/hook up of any thermactor components? Or is it simply hooking the oil fill tube breather up to the air cleaner? What designated/how to tell that a car had a closed system?
On paper the Thermactor system is a closed system. However the oil tube cap on the GT500 typically was a open emission type breather cap regardless of if on the Thermactor or non Thermactor engine. The GT350 Thermactor was a closed system on paper and real world too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby