News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Radiator tag

Started by 68krrrr, October 08, 2020, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68krrrr

Is this the correct radiator tag i see on the AMK site  for an early 67 gt500 non A/C auto car ,the examples i've seen don't seem to have the 8005 #s between the CZE-E2 if not does someone have another source thanks Adam
https://www.amkproducts.com/parts/ford/radiator-tags/
https://www.amkproducts.com/product/c7ze-8005-e2/
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

J_Speegle

They (originals) didn't have the base part number reflected on the ID tag.

Also remember the top tank would have the date and the provider WMO (Western Modine) towards the center of the top tank cover

Would add that my findings in cars don't always match what is in print

Some examples of original radiator tags

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Keep in mind that all 67 Shelby model's got a specified for AC radiator (heavy duty cooling package) regardless of if with AC or non AC.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68krrrr

Ok thanks guys Does anyone else make these tags without the base part number then ,I don't see that option on their site ,but in the pictures where they show examples it doesn't have the base number which seems odd.I do have the  original 23 inch radiator with the FoMoCo stamp on the top tank ,I just wanted the tag on there.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

J_Speegle

Quote from: 68krrrr on October 08, 2020, 08:25:53 PM
Ok thanks guys Does anyone else make these tags without the base part number then ,I don't see that option on their site ,but in the pictures where they show examples it doesn't have the base number which seems odd.I do have the  original 23 inch radiator with the FoMoCo stamp on the top tank ,I just wanted the tag on there.

Believe the first link you posted is for the style without the base number. You can double check with Max.

Just have to figure out the correct one to purchase
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on October 08, 2020, 08:25:53 PM
The style of tag you need is what Jeff posted pictures of in reply #1. That is the style AMK sells because that is what typically came on the SJ built cars in 67.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68krrrr

thanks i'll try call them tomorrow & ask ,because the only one's they have listed are with the model #on them
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on October 08, 2020, 10:46:40 PM
thanks i'll try call them tomorrow & ask ,because the only one's they have listed are with the model #on them
If what you mean by model number is like the style seen in Jeff's reply #1 picture then all is good. Otherwise I don't know what you mean by model #.

68krrrr

No worries & maybe I'm just confused here i want the one like Jeff posted pics of for sure ,but when go to the site these are your only options to order & when click on the one you want to buy it also has the 8005 between the C7Z & E2  which Jeff said was the base part # (sorry not model ) earlier in this thread ,I'll check with them tomorrow thanks
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

J_Speegle

Just checking but this is not for the car in your signature but an early (pre 1,000?  pre 500?) GT500 automatic without AC or Thermactor

68krrrr

No it would be for my car #1724 i assumed it was considered an early car because i have inboards & no A/C so should have the G2  version even if i don't have A/C as Bob said all 67 Shelbys had the A/C version ?
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam

J_Speegle

Quote from: 68krrrr on October 09, 2020, 12:14:41 AM
No it would be for my car #1724 i assumed it was considered an early car because i have inboards & no A/C so should have the G2  version even if i don't have A/C as Bob said all 67 Shelbys had the A/C version ?

This details has more to do IMHO with when the car was built at San Jose not any Shelby detail. End of March I see - glad I asked. Will look to see what I have in my records

Sorry right this moment in the middle of a survey of another detail  ::)

68krrrr

I was never able to get a hold of anybody at a Amk by phone or email and they had a minimum charge so I just ordered several of these as they were pretty reasonable, and this is what came in ,so i have some extras & if anyone needs one of these LMK I'll send it out free of charge .
Current
1967 GT500 #1724

Previously owned
1968 GT/CS

Thanks Adam