Author Topic: Forum member masking names  (Read 25596 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: Forum member masking names
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »
Only knuckleheads and people who drive slow cars don't know who he is,or newbies oooops I am a NEWB as well according to the new site :-\

For the newbies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9vYDK5-AyU
Like the new name “BiGLOVER”, 👍
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2018, 08:25:10 PM »
For the life of me, I cannot figure why no one has registered under "Pookie".  You can insure a protected identity here with it!  ::)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2018, 08:36:08 PM »
Only knuckleheads and people who drive slow cars don't know who he is,or newbies oooops I am a NEWB as well according to the new site :-\

For the newbies:

Steve that's BGlover, though many women have thought to call me that. ;)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
When re-signing up I had talked to Bill via messenger and he asked that I try and use my same user name and not poach anyone elses so I didn't want to screw Gary Boehnlein by poaching his name  ;D  so I went with Shelbymann which is the same on many other forums so it transcends thru. Gary

Gary,

I think I was more worried about you or someone else with nefarious reasons to be signing up as Bob Gaines  ;)
Vern was already blocked trying .  :D

You have to admit, It would have been funny.

Just wanted to be you for a day!!!
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2018, 08:54:05 PM »
FWIW, prefer anonymity. I don't do Facebook, don't Tweet, don't Instagram, don't use my real name on any forums, don't bank on-line, don't pay bills on-line.  Too many bad dudes out there in cyberspace.   
5S071, 6S1467

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »

For the newbies:

Steve that's BGlover, though many women have thought to call me that. ;)

8)

C6ZZGT

• Brian,member since 88.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 12:38:20 AM »
If I had known I could have a CB HANDLE name I might have taken one ! I don`t think I have ever tried to "hide" from anything i`ve posted just because I did not use my name. I use this moniker on all forums.
6R07A143871,since 10/83
selling parts since 1981.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »
FWIW, prefer anonymity. I don't do Facebook, don't Tweet, don't Instagram, don't use my real name on any forums, don't bank on-line, don't pay bills on-line.  Too many bad dudes out there in cyberspace.
You got that right.  One of the most important things is the world is information and protecting that valuable information.

Look at the recent crash of theses forums.  So much valuable information and it wasn't protected.  Now it's all gone.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:24 AM »
Why do you all suppose it say about the forum members(some) that this is the most read and replied to thread on a SHELBY forum?

:o
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
I sure am happy to see a few old members drop the mask of a alias name on the forum and use something closer to their given name . I hope more do that.

Agreed, but I was briefly tempted to re-register as Gob Baines, just to mess with you.

(Counting down to someone doing that in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »
No one is running or hiding from anything on here..... Oh with 1 exception maybe POOKIE :(

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »
I sure am happy to see a few old members drop the mask of a alias name on the forum and use something closer to their given name . I hope more do that.

Agreed, but I was briefly tempted to re-register as Gob Baines, just to mess with you.

(Counting down to someone doing that in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...)
Thanks but no thanks.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

robert campbell

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 12:32:45 AM »
I have always used my real name on any forum I join.  No need to hide and always try to be respectful and "be careful what you say as you may need to eat those words later".  When posting your words are forever.....

I don't tweet or Facebook, but do bank online and use my credit card over the phone!!  Wow, I am flying way to close to the sun!!  Now, if I just had a cell phone.....

Rob

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2018, 08:08:45 AM »
Yes, you should get one. It's a phone? I was trying to figure out what kind of a thing-a-magig it was. I know it keeps taking pictures of me looking at it? How do you turn that around. It keeps beeping too. I had to put it in the toilet to make it stop.

Incidentally, how do I know that you are Robert Campbell and Bop Bob is Gaines? You could have just picked those names and you could be Pookie? I don't know what anyone looks like?

Who's to say my real name isn't ShelbyDoug?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
In my neck of the woods we put stickers stating the obvious- NOTHING IN THIS TRAILER IS WORTH YOUR LIFE- That way the bad guys have been warned. Friends have mentioned that if a warning sign has been ignored,locks and alarms have been ignored, that sometimes bad things happen to those doing things they shouldn't be doing. The legal system agrees. Don't tread on me still rings clear.
LMAO, I LOVE THIS!!!