News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Forum member masking names

Started by Bob Gaines, January 20, 2018, 08:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: 427heaven on January 22, 2018, 06:22:23 PM
In my neck of the woods we put stickers stating the obvious- NOTHING IN THIS TRAILER IS WORTH YOUR LIFE- That way the bad guys have been warned. Friends have mentioned that if a warning sign has been ignored,locks and alarms have been ignored, that sometimes bad things happen to those doing things they shouldn't be doing................ The legal system agrees......................

You must have moved somewhat recently
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

427heaven

Hello Jeff good to here from you again. You saw the HOOD all my neighbors are real straight shooters literally and figuratively. Surrounded by all forms of the long arm of the law. From local sheriffs to well right up there at the top of the protection agencies. So most forms of military-government officials-outlaws-sports figures etc all use different names, some for fun, some for not so fun things if they wanted to throw their names out there they would. In America we all do things differently for various reasons. Hope to see you again be well.

robert campbell

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 25, 2018, 08:08:45 AM
Yes, you should get one. It's a phone? I was trying to figure out what kind of a thing-a-magig it was. I know it keeps taking pictures of me looking at it? How do you turn that around. It keeps beeping too. I had to put it in the toilet to make it stop.

Incidentally, how do I know that you are Robert Campbell and Bop Bob is Gaines? You could have just picked those names and you could be Pookie? I don't know what anyone looks like?

Who's to say my real name isn't ShelbyDoug?

Ah, but the bad guys who look me up will find out that I am really Robert Campbell.  So if you want to find out as a good guy.....  Yup, my name is Robert Campbell.  Well I guess you will need my fingerprint and retinal scan with a picture and my SSN and my birth certificate.......

All this to hide behind a handle....  On a forum that is innocent in nature with nice people who should say what they mean and stand behind what they say.  Paranoia is paralysis to the ninth degree. Time to dig a septic tank shelter in Montana??  PO box next and an arsenal of machine guns.  Heck with those small arms!  Go big or go home!!

Oh crap, that ought to open up a whole another discussion!!  From a guy who does not own a gun!!  And is a moderate who hopes to trust in his country.....  The greatest country in the world and home of the free because of the brave!

Robert Campbell

shelbydoug

Personally I have no problem with whatever someone wants to call themselves.  In your case, it is a common name.

In a Google search I came up with at least 100 people with the same name. Might as well be John Smith? So in this case it doesn't reveal very much. A unique screen name in fact I think can be more specific or in fact be more revealing?

I haven't searched the screen name, Rumpelstiltskin but I'll bet you a nickle it is pretty common too? Remember the story of Rapunzel? Who would have ever guessed a name like that?

Call yourself whatever you would like. It doesn't matter?

Next we're gonna' have a guy signing in as Rick Kopec. What do we do with that one? Jacques Hughoff is just as good? Personally I liked 4Q. That one really pissed people off.  ;D

Incidentally, I just checked and all three of those screen names are still available. You'd better hurry. They are all sure to be in demand now?

Ooops! Sorry this took so long to post...the server crashed again. Good thing I didn't include a picture? It might have exploded? I think an hour to upload just text is a little much don't you?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

Go through the hell of identity theft one time and see if you aren't more careful about sharing personally identifiable information anywhere online. Not trying to be critical of anyone here, just saying...  ;)
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

FL SAAC

my new name will be BOND.................JAMES BOND......................................by the way FYI shaken not stirred................
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

robert campbell

Quote from: kjspeed on January 26, 2018, 09:58:36 AM
Go through the hell of identity theft one time and see if you aren't more careful about sharing personally identifiable information anywhere online. Not trying to be critical of anyone here, just saying...  ;)

Been there done that.  In this day and age you need to be vigilant and prepared.  My name is noting in my mind as far as privacy on the net is concerned.  Constant monitoring of your charging activity is the only way to protect yourself.

Let's see!!!  From now on my name is Carrol Shelby/Iacocca/Ford!!  Go big or go home!  Please donate to my Iacocca award foundation, send me chili recipes, and yup of course the Ford foundation!!

69mach351w

Quote from: robert campbell on January 27, 2018, 06:48:18 PM
Quote from: kjspeed on January 26, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

Been there done that.  In this day and age you need to be vigilant and prepared.  My name is noting in my mind as far as privacy on the net is concerned.  Constant monitoring of your charging activity is the only way to protect yourself.

Let's see!!!  From now on my name is Carrol Shelby/Iacocca/Ford!!  Go big or go home!  Please donate to my Iacocca award foundation, send me chili recipes, and yup of course the Ford foundation!!
First you need to start by spelling Carroll's name right....with 2 LL's ;D

robert campbell

Oh crap, now the bad guys can find out I am a fake!!!  Again, who cares! Use your name.  No harm will befall you from that simple act on a forum of fine Ford cars!

Now I am back to my carpeted septic tank in the middle of Montana!!  with a connection to the web.........

Rob

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

finding my birth certificate is a true joy, when i went to get a passport i found out that I don't have one, instead I have a "Certificate of Birth Registration. The date on the actual original certificate says "approved March 1, 1907" So I think look pretty good for almost 110 years old
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on February 07, 2018, 11:55:54 AM
finding my birth certificate is a true joy, when i went to get a passport i found out that I don't have one, instead I have a "Certificate of Birth Registration. The date on the actual original certificate says "approved March 1, 1907" So I think look pretty good for almost 110 years old

WOW! I couldn't tell at all? You probably used a lot of sun block right?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Doug C

Just adding a post to someday move from newbie...

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 07, 2018, 11:57:34 AM
Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on February 07, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

WOW! I couldn't tell at all? You probably used a lot of sun block right?
I have skin so pale that albinos are jealous 8)
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350hr

I'm still hiding as a newbie.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird