Author Topic: Forum member masking names  (Read 25590 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Forum member masking names
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
    News Flash,

gt350hr   is none other than Randy Gillis who is hiding behind the license plate number of his '66GT350H. He's too old and stuck in his ways to change his screen name. Good thing is he usually signs his posts as  Randy. Now everybody knows who this guy is.

Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
Only knuckleheads and people who drive slow cars don't know who he is,or newbies oooops I am a NEWB as well according to the new site :-\

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:22 PM »
Only knuckleheads and people who drive slow cars don't know who he is,or newbies oooops I am a NEWB as well according to the new site :-\

For the newbies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9vYDK5-AyU

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

5S545

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »
If it was a club forum and you needed to be a SAAC member to access it more people might be willing to use their names.  I prefer to have a level of anonymity when everything posted is open for anyone with internet access to see.  But that is just me.

+about a million

5S545

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 06:19:23 PM »
. Rodster-500 is right, lets just make this a members only forum.

This part I disagree with. This group and SAAC in general needs a constant flow of new members.

Making the forum private is not conducive to getting new people excited about the organization, the history and the cars.

Yes, a huge part of the value of the forum is the new folks who are looking for help, hopefully BEFORE they buy a Shelby!
They often cause discussions that lead to new knowledge.

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
after reading this post i decided to  hurry up & register my name before someone else took it!   ::)  ;)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
In my neck of the woods we put stickers stating the obvious- NOTHING IN THIS TRAILER IS WORTH YOUR LIFE- That way the bad guys have been warned. Friends have mentioned that if a warning sign has been ignored,locks and alarms have been ignored, that sometimes bad things happen to those doing things they shouldn't be doing. The legal system agrees. Don't tread on me still rings clear.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 06:23:29 PM »
after reading this post i decided to  hurry up & register my name before someone else took it!   ::)  ;)

I don’t think you have anything to worry about.  ;)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 06:40:01 PM »
I had an identity crisis when I registered.  I used to be 94Cobra, but am no longer since I sold that car. 

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 07:30:34 PM »
And this thread goes on and on and on..............................

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
Seriously??? I could stick with my super, awesome cool handle "QuickSilverShelby" or I could have gone with my real name "Doug".  I like my name but damn.... "QuickSilverShelby" is just way too cool to throw by the wayside ;D

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »
Just like special ed   I'm back before that other Chris brown took my id!!!!   lol

chris

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
Just to clarify.

I never suggest this be a members only forum, what I said is IF this was a members only forum, folks might be more willing to use their real name.  See my original comment below.

If it was a club forum and you needed to be a SAAC member to access it more people might be willing to use their names.  I prefer to have a level of anonymity when everything posted is open for anyone with internet access to see.  But that is just me.

That being said, if this was a SAAC members only forum, fully supported by the club, I'm sure there would be a way to have some public areas where anyone could visit could post a question or comment without being a club member.

Even if there wasn't a way for the public to access the forum, the SAAC homepage, which anyone can visit, lists the contact information for the registrars.

So what we have a is a public forum for anyone and a club for dues paying members.  If and how you want to participate in either, is up to you.  There are no stated rules or requirement for user names on this forum.  Simple.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 12:31:54 PM »
    I don't get what the big deal is. Movie stars change their names and so do SAAC stars , others don't care to. It is still a free country. I am on several other sites and VERY few members use their actual names, less than 10% I'm sure.  A screen name doesn't change the way I respond to someone.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »
Ok Bob G, it's your turn............. :o