News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fire Burned GT500 on eBay

Started by Shawn, October 22, 2020, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: Greg on October 26, 2020, 10:55:35 AM
There were a few things that concerned me on this one (I know, only a few  ;D).

1) Could the fiberglass be reformed and saved so as to retain the numbers to an original type of degree, I highly doubt it.
2) Not having the original engine, that really hurts the value overall and lots of expensive pieces to find.
3) The tainted VIN will always haunt the car.
4) When the new owner does it get restored, they better have clear photo's showing the process and not just "showing up" with a done car or everyone will be saying, re-body.   Then they will have a nice conversation piece for an heirloom.

If anyone knows the new owners, recommend they should do a youtube on it, "phoenix out of the ashes" series, I would subscribe to watch that one.

Same or less concerns than in the 6S1341 - On Bring A Trailer car. At a certain price there is a home and an owner for just about anything. As we've seen in the past. 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6s1640

Hi all,

I know the new owner.  I met with him on Monday and saw the car, image below.  He has the skills, resources and the funding to restore.  I will keep an eye on the car's progress and post images as they become available.  Turns out the car actually was burned back in the 80's.  He does not have the details of the fire, but it was not the recent fires in CA.  He believe the fenders can be saved, not sure on other pieces.

Cory

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on November 03, 2020, 09:18:57 PM
Hi all,

I know the new owner.  I met with him on Monday and saw the car, image below.  He has the skills, resources and the funding to restore.  I will keep an eye on the car's progress and post images as they become available.  Turns out the car actually was burned back in the 80's.  He does not have the details of the fire, but it was not the recent fires in CA.  He believe the fenders can be saved, not sure on other pieces.

Cory
Glad to hear someone who has the where with all has the car to save and is optimistic about the restoration. Let him know that he can get answers to Shelby car questions on this forum.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I wish him the best. It will be a beautiful car. Let him know if he needs OEM style wiring, I will be here to help

Greg

That is awesome to see as he appreciates the car and what it will be.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1