Author Topic: Gen 1 Shelby Mustang, Year 1 and 5  (Read 1597 times)

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Gen 1 Shelby Mustang, Year 1 and 5
« on: October 25, 2020, 07:17:01 PM »
Amazing machines, very blessed to be the caretaker of them and live in this great country!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

corbins

• View Profile
Re: Gen 1 Shelby Mustang, Year 1 and 5
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:14 PM »
That building looks familiar.... where is it ?

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 09:39:07 PM »
That building looks familiar.... where is it ?

Near Marion Virginia.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 08:26:11 AM »
I love them, they look great!! Are they drivers, of show? My friend has a driver 67 and we have so much fun in it because, there are no worries!
RARE  Signature Delete

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:42:00 AM »
so cool to have both !! does your 65 has original paint ?

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 11:06:58 AM »

Very blessed to have them.  Yes, the 65 is original and has never been restored with original paint and no rust.  Original drive train, brake lines (except the front rubber, but I have them), gas line, sending unit, tank, engine pieces etc... it is an incredible time piece.  I also love to drive it. 

It is funny I get asked at every show, "are you going to restore it?", NO WAY I tell them.  It has lived this way for 55 years it would be a crime to do that.  There can't be many original paint/ born with drive train cars out there.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 11:08:34 AM »
I love them, they look great!! Are they drivers, of show? My friend has a driver 67 and we have so much fun in it because, there are no worries!

Yes, they are drivers.  The white one has won Bronze at a SAAC event and has been restored but it is driven.  I wouldn't own one I couldn't drive  :)

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »

Very blessed to have them.  Yes, the 65 is original and has never been restored with original paint and no rust.  Original drive train, brake lines (except the front rubber, but I have them), gas line, sending unit, tank, engine pieces etc... it is an incredible time piece.  I also love to drive it. 

It is funny I get asked at every show, "are you going to restore it?", NO WAY I tell them.  It has lived this way for 55 years it would be a crime to do that.  There can't be many original paint/ born with drive train cars out there.

+1 It's great that preservation of original cars is now gaining more recognition.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird