Author Topic: 1966 Hertz Mustang chrome bullet mirror  (Read 3585 times)

klikus3

• View Profile
1966 Hertz Mustang chrome bullet mirror
« on: October 26, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »
I have a 1966 original Hertz 350 Shelby Mustang that has been restored. I have a ton of questions but I have a pressing one that I need an answer for. Can anyone tell me exactly where the bullet chrome mirror gets placed on the driver's door?  Does it get placed before the side vent window or  does it get placed after the vent window? Does it go exactly in the center of the grove in the door?  Also, I need to get a set of seat belts that were installed in that car from the Shelby dealership. My belts were missing from the car!!  Branda performance states that they sell the look alike competition original seat belts but at a cost of $798.95 IF any are left as they claim this item is in limited supply. I would like to buy a set of the originals. Lastly, I belong to the Shelby club, paid membership and all but I have NOT received a quarterly magazine, which I would like to have. Should I have received one? I am NOT  NOT  computer savvy so my wife has to log me into our computer as she did today. If you wish, I would love to talk to you. You can reach me at 267 566 3336 and thank you. Ed.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1966 Hertz Mustang chrome bullet mirror
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 06:14:22 PM »
Welcome to the club and the site.  You use the search function on this site as well as the www.concoursmustang.com site to search for anything you interested in.  You will find a tremendous amount of valuable information on both sites.

Do a post regarding the wanting to buy that way the parts you are looking for won't get lost in a paragraph.  The seats are expensive and expect to pay at least $1500 for originals if you find them.

Regarding the magazine, I would contact the main SAAC office directly and discuss any distribution issues.

Have fun, enjoy the journey!

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 06:26:18 PM »

Hi Klikus3,

Do you receive pictures via text messages on your listed phone number? If so I can text you a closeup pictures of the positioning of a Bullet mirror. Welcome to the SAAC site.

~Steven

klikus3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 07:13:37 PM »
Steven, Thank you for your reply. My phone does not receive pictures since I have a flip phone BUT my wife's does. It would be FANTASTIC if you would please send pictures of the placement of the mirrors to my wife's phone. Her number is 267 566 1320. Also, can you help with the seat belts? Thank you, Ed

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 07:54:23 PM »
Regarding the magazine, I would contact the main SAAC office directly and discuss any distribution issues.
Sounds like he joined Team Shelby - SAAC doesn't have a quarterly magazine.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 07:56:23 PM »
Ed I texted several pictures per your request on placement of the Bullet mirror. Sorry I cannot help in regards to the lap belts.

Steven

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 07:58:42 PM »
I have a 1966 original Hertz 350 Shelby Mustang that has been restored. I have a ton of questions but I have a pressing one that I need an answer for. Can anyone tell me exactly where the bullet chrome mirror gets placed on the driver's door?  Does it get placed before the side vent window or  does it get placed after the vent window? Does it go exactly in the center of the grove in the door?  Also, I need to get a set of seat belts that were installed in that car from the Shelby dealership. My belts were missing from the car!!  Branda performance states that they sell the look alike competition original seat belts but at a cost of $798.95 IF any are left as they claim this item is in limited supply. I would like to buy a set of the originals. Lastly, I belong to the Shelby club, paid membership and all but I have NOT received a quarterly magazine, which I would like to have. Should I have received one? I am NOT  NOT  computer savvy so my wife has to log me into our computer as she did today. If you wish, I would love to talk to you. You can reach me at 267 566 3336 and thank you. Ed.

Ed,

If you are talking about the SAAC club there is a quarterly electronic publication that gets compiled at the end of the year and mailed to your home.  So you can view it quarterly on the internet or wait until the end of the year and read them all.

Corey

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 08:05:56 PM »
SAAC doesn't have a quarterly magazine.

We actually do have a quarterly magazine:

Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall are all located in the memberslodge
Members Area
The Shelby American
All the way back to Winter 2009

Just saying  ;)

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:29:36 PM »
I have a 1966 original Hertz 350 Shelby Mustang that has been restored. I have a ton of questions but I have a pressing one that I need an answer for. Can anyone tell me exactly where the bullet chrome mirror gets placed on the driver's door?

Measurement taken from four original examples and confirmed by a handful of other owners

Measurement is to the forward mounting hole and the gasket can be used as a guide for the second hole.

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

klikus3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »
Thank you EVERYONE who responded and sent me photos regarding my original questions relating to my 66Hertz. I GREATLY appreciate it. Anyone out there, if you know where I can score the seat belts that belong in this car, it would help a lot. I am still having a problem trying to navigate through this web site as I have  NO  NO  computer skills. I will pick up tomorrow seeking more info. Good night, Ed of klikus3.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 11:07:27 PM »
.......Anyone out there, if you know where I can score the seat belts that belong in this car, it would help a lot................

If you don't remember the supplier then if you provide the car number we may be able to narrow the possibilities
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 11:09:22 PM »
SAAC doesn't have a quarterly magazine.

We actually do have a quarterly magazine:

Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall are all located in the memberslodge
Members Area
The Shelby American
All the way back to Winter 2009

Just saying  ;)

Bill
Yes but it no longer shows up in your home mailbox every season
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 12:00:39 AM »
What number is your Hertz car?
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

papa scoops

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 04:31:29 AM »
before you go drilling holes, have someone hold the mirror in place and make sure the vent window open and closes all the way. welcome. phred 1122

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 05:52:14 PM »
Anyone else notice the last four digits of her phone number?
 1320= quarter mile
Mine is 3673 witch spells FORD
My old house phone number used to also be 3673 but I couldn't get it when we moved.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.