News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Backup Wire Harness Retainer

Started by Corey Bowcutt, October 28, 2020, 08:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I saw this part listed on the "Dead Nuts On" web site for a 68 Shelby Backup Wire Harness Retainer.  I know I have never seen one on my car so I feel like I need it but have no idea where it goes.  Can anyone shed any light on this hopefully with pictures?

Corey

Coralsnake

Special Ed

Dont 68s 4 speed take 2 of those retainers unlike 69 that that 1 up front top bolt on mounting plate?

Corey Bowcutt

Pete,

I recognized that picture so went to thecoralsnake.com to see more.  It looks like this is a transmission out of a GT500.  Is it the same for the GT350?  I am looking on my transmission for a tapped hole to mount this bracket to and can not see it.

Corey

Coralsnake

I believe there is only one clip Ed

Same on a GT350 and a KR

The clip is under the existing bolt for the shifter mounting plate

Corey Bowcutt

68blk500c

If a C6, then retaining clips are different, in case anyone is wondering.

Coralsnake

There is also a clip on the firewall. Not sure if that was Eds thought?

Corey Bowcutt

OK Pete where is that clip and what does it look like?

Coralsnake

It is plastic and looks very similar ( in the shape of a check mark ) it hangs off a small nub, below the plugin to the main harness.

rockhouse66

Jack has a picture of where this clip is attached to the transmission as part of his listing of the clip.

https://www.deadnutson.com/backup-wire-harness-retainer/

Special Ed

That clip in jacks trans photo dont look correct type.

Corey Bowcutt

Quote from: rockhouse66 on October 28, 2020, 12:17:15 PM
Jack has a picture of where this clip is attached to the transmission as part of his listing of the clip.

https://www.deadnutson.com/backup-wire-harness-retainer/
I missed that rockhouse66, not sure how.  But thank you.  It looks like below that was the firewall clip Pete is referring to.  Love it when a plan comes together.

Corey

TLea

350 doesn't have adapter plate on trans like 500. Typically I see the 350 clip on drivers side rearmost top cover bolt. Jack's repo is technically the 69 version. 68 very similar but slightly longer side leg

Bob Gaines

67 and 68 clip are the same. I figure that the people Spec Ed gave his original patterns to decided that they were so close in appearance to each other that no one would know the difference and so they made just the 69 style. They are so hard to find usable if at all it is a blessing that we have at least the 69 version available to use as a universal.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby