Author Topic: 6S745 - On Bring A Trailer  (Read 11922 times)

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: 6S745 - On Bring A Trailer
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
I/we still have the original period correct black supercharger with script belt and full gauge cluster that was in the trunk.
Also have a Paxton system that was on a BB car.

That is why I have supplied / shared information and pics of paxton stuff.
Blue dot was with the car, I sold it a couple years back to a SAAC member.
It was a numbers match car with alum box.
Paxton, a I have said before, were black not blue for earlier built cars.

I have questions as to what is being said by the seller, but will not air them.
Also, this is at the same time I gained first hand knowledge of what happened to one of the original 66 shelby converts.
Just like the 65 #41 I once owned, broke the bank with record sale, 450K or so. Bummer I did not keep it!

Stories are just that, that is unless a person has first hand knowledge from 2 1/2 decades ago. I know a little.
Have had over 50 shelbys, & 3-4 cobras go through my hands, some were detailed in world registry, some where not.
Mr Vinny knows why.

BTW, has the yellow R equipped ever surfaced ?
John
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:47:41 PM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
BAT is a nightmare, I have no idea why anyone would sell a car there.

Probably the $5K max seller's fee plus avoiding the cost of bringing a car to an in-person auction?

I was talking about people being able to take a giant S on the car anonymously. 
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 01:34:41 PM »
BAT is a nightmare, I have no idea why anyone would sell a car there.

Probably the $5K max seller's fee plus avoiding the cost of bringing a car to an in-person auction?

I was talking about people being able to take a giant S on the car anonymously.

I think Eric Lipper actually gave his name early on.

Not disagreeing with you tho. There are others.

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
Bid to $165k.  Reserve not met.

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »
Probably has an absurd reserve above $200K

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 03:51:21 PM »
Looked like a nice car
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »

Well that auction turned into a steaming pile of you know what..... you can bet there won't be a Shelby on BAT for quite a while.

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 07:20:16 PM »

Well that auction turned into a steaming pile of you know what..... you can bet there won't be a Shelby on BAT for quite a while.

That's too bad. I thought the recent auction of 5s048 went pretty smoothly, and was well sold at $400K!
65 GT350

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »
The comments were very nasty and the car was not that bad - anyone know if there some personal thing behind this?

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 11:04:02 AM »
   Comments certainly can be hurtful BUT in defense of those comments they CAN save a person from buying a HYPED car for a high price. It becomes the buyers choice to continue when the criticism is given instead of that sucking sound when the information comes out AFTER the sale. Not EVERY seller is dishonest or hypes their car , BUT as prices increase , the "opportunists" seem to come out of the woodwork. These are often lesser informed "flippers" who add their own twists to the history book by "creative journalism".
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 11:40:15 AM »
   Comments certainly can be hurtful BUT in defense of those comments they CAN save a person from buying a HYPED car for a high price. It becomes the buyers choice to continue when the criticism is given instead of that sucking sound when the information comes out AFTER the sale. Not EVERY seller is dishonest or hypes their car , BUT as prices increase , the "opportunists" seem to come out of the woodwork. These are often lesser informed "flippers" who add their own twists to the history book by "creative journalism".

The ad didn't read very hyped and the car is not bad.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »
   We all have our own perception . I wouldn't want it any other way. Some say "tom"ay"to and others tom"ah" to. It's all good. I fully respect your opinion.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 01:59:47 PM »
The only thing I would add to the above comments are, everyone should have the right to sale their car the way he or she wants.  Randy I agree 100% with you that a hyped up description can be misleading but for these cars, it really only makes the person doing the hyping look bad. 

In regards to this car, there was a personal attack going on and one where the comments were out of line IMO.  From the documentation, clarification and the fact that the car has had a number of prior Shelby owners, the car isn't a fake but unfortunately, that stigma will be carried with it for some time and all because of someone wanting to hurt the seller. 

Before you become negative to someones car, keep this in mind, these are valuable cars and we should all be cheering the sale on.  Helping each other and lifting every legitimate car up to as high as it can be only helps you.  I see no issue with pointing out incorrect things in a respectful way for information.  Like a lot of you, I have had parts that someone needs and will offer it to them so they can present their car really well come sale time. 

What I see sometimes is folks wanting to try to keep the prices depressed because they feel they aren't worth it.  Not many of us were fortunate enough to come into these cars when they were $2500 - $50000, those days are long gone and they don't make real ones anymore.  Stay positive and help each other....Food for thought
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:09:08 PM by Greg »
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

SBCARGUY

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 02:05:58 PM »
+1

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 02:07:24 PM »
Very positively expressed + 1

The only thing I would add to the above comments are, everyone should have the right to sale their car the way he or she wants.  Randy I agree 100% with you that a hyped up description can be misleading but for these cars, it really only makes the person doing the hyping look bad. 

In regards to this car, there was a personal attack going on and one where the comments were out of line IMO.  From the documentation, clarification and the fact that the car has had a number of prior Shelby owners, the car isn't a fake but unfortunately, that stigma will be carried with it for some time and all because of someone wanting to hurt the seller. 

Before you become negative to someones car, keep this in mind these are valuable cars and we should all be cheering the sale on.  Helping each other and lifting every legitimate car up to as high as it can be only helps you.  I see no issue with pointing out incorrect things in a respectful way for information.  Like a lot of you, I have had parts that someone needs and will offer it to them so they can present their car really well come sale time. 

What I see sometimes is folks wanting to try to keep the prices depressed because they feel they aren't worth it.  Not many of us were fortunate enough to come into these cars when they were $2500 - $50000, those days are long gone and they don't make real ones anymore.  Stay positive and help each other....Food for thought
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy