Author Topic: 69 headliner installation question  (Read 942 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
69 headliner installation question
« on: November 08, 2020, 09:04:32 PM »
I’m putting in my headliner and in several installation videos they say to wrap it over the edge of the windshield and back glass opening and installing the glass over it. I know on earlier years with gaskets that’s the way it’s done but with the windshield being a glue in, is that the way to do it? My glass installer who specializes in classic cars says not to wrap the headliner over the windshield opening but it’s fine for the back glass... my question is how was it done by FORD?

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: 69 headliner installation question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:15:30 PM »
I’m putting in my headliner and in several installation videos they say to wrap it over the edge of the windshield and back glass opening and installing the glass over it. I know on earlier years with gaskets that’s the way it’s done but with the windshield being a glue in, is that the way to do it? My glass installer who specializes in classic cars says not to wrap the headliner over the windshield opening but it’s fine for the back glass... my question is how was it done by FORD?

Tucked/wrapped over the windshield opening edge. Have done the same always in my vehicles
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

SChatman

• View Profile
Re: 69 headliner installation question
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 09:52:08 PM »
That’s what I’ll do then,  thanks again