News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Pull push switch

Started by Migge, November 19, 2020, 11:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Migge

Hi there,

Where came the pull push switches from? They are are different to the Lucas UK version.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Migge

Dan Case

Both of those knobs are somebody's replacements. CSX2201 and later knobs, supplied by Ford, had black plastic snap in inserts. CSX2201-CSX2589 street cars had Ford Motor Company designed electrical system with most wiring and components made in the U.S.A. and shipped to AC Cars for installation. Many British components or British components adapted to Ford wiring specifications (example British Lucas horns with American made Ford wire looms) remained

CSX2201-CSX2589 street cars.

Heater Switch Knob
Ford (used on a Ford Galaxie air vent control cable) – black plastic including end insert. Pulling the knob performs no work as Cobra switches were made without the mechanical cable. For service a standard Ford switch can have the cable carefully removed.

Windscreen Wiper Control Switch Knob
Ford's supplier made all black "Cobra" knobs specifically for this application in late Cobras. The brass insert inside the knob had to be sized to fit the stem of the Lucas® PRS7 style rotary switch. The Shelby American listed service part as of May 31, 1965 was a C0DF-17513-A.  This Ford service assembly had a cream white plastic knob with cream white plastic insert. Users had to drill the brass insert to a larger ID, add a set screw to the service knob, and paint white knobs black if they wanted a black knob. (An important AC Cars adaption for the switch was to add a device to prevent the switch from twisting in the soft aluminum dash panel hole. The device had barbs that dug into the aluminum and resisted rotation either direction.)

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

Migge

Thank you very much again Dan.

Dan Case

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.