News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Scale Models Of Shelby & Ford Cars

Started by honker, November 09, 2020, 11:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

I think there was a thread on forum 1 on this topic ? I thought I would start a new one, didn't see any thing specific on this forum.

I'll start by posting photos of two Super Coupe models I have, the dark car is a resin 1/43 kit from Automodelli, an Australian

company, the lighter car is a 1/43 built up from Matrix.

The main thing I wanted to know which of these is the correct colour ? It seems to me I have seen photos of the real car in B&W

and in colour, and the shade varies, in some it looks darker, and others lighter, was the 1 to 1 car different shades in its life ?

Is one of the 1/43 models Guardsman Blue and the other Viking Blue, or neither  ? Thanks for any input.

Let's see what you all have in models.

Mike

PS: the dark car needs a second layer of white stripe decals because of bleed through.

98SVT - was 06GT

Looks Viking blue - completion was overseen by Brock so I imagine it's the color he originally intended for it. https://drivetribe.com/p/bedridden-bodybuilder-1965-shelby-ZdR904tLTReo4duh9Os5iQ?iid=aQPmFYotSlK6BSU2FoYbRA
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

TJinSA

Where did you find the 1:43rds of this car?
Tom Kubler
6S296

honker

TJ, sorry for the tardy reply on the Daytona Super Coupe models, in my OP the dark car (which my builder painted the wrong color

::) is a 1:43 kit from Automodelli in Australia, I've had it a few years, but I think the company is still around. The lighter car (a

built model) is from a company called Matrix, also a couple of years  ago, probably easier to source than the kit.

Mike

honker

Since there has been lots of discussion on the forum re: Jim Morrison's Blue Lady, '67 Shelby, I came across this, maybe every one

has got it wrong and are looking for the wrong car  ::)  Racing Champions seems to think it was a '68  :o I wonder what the

licensing costs were on this one, to Ford, Shelby, and the Morrison estate ?

Mike

honker

Here's some of my models of Ford GTs, I've got a few more since I took these seven photos, have yet to shoot them.

These are all 1:43s

Let's see what others here have in their collections !

Mike

FL SAAC

Quote from: honker on April 07, 2022, 04:12:14 PM
Since there has been lots of discussion on the forum re: Jim Morrison's Blue Lady, '67 Shelby, I came across this, maybe every one

has got it wrong and are looking for the wrong car  ::)  Racing Champions seems to think it was a '68  :o I wonder what the

licensing costs were on this one, to Ford, Shelby, and the Morrison estate ?

Mike

I knew it !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: honker on April 07, 2022, 04:24:07 PM
Here's some of my models of Ford GTs, I've got a few more since I took these seven photos, have yet to shoot them.

Mike

Ok I want the breadwagon. Let me know a number. I have to keep my Red/Gold Hertz car since Richard won't sell me mine back........

honker

98SVT, are you referring to the J Car model in the photos in my post above , when you say you want the "breadbox" ? The models

are not for sale, but I can give you some ideas as to where you might source one.

Mike

TJinSA

If there is a kit, or resin conversion, inquiring minds would love to know. Mint Models shows  preorder for a Spark 1:43rd for$79USD.
Tom Kubler
6S296

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: honker on April 08, 2022, 07:43:24 PM
98SVT, are you referring to the J Car model in the photos in my post above , when you say you want the "breadbox" ? The models

are not for sale, but I can give you some ideas as to where you might source one.

Mike
Yes - I finally came up with one of the old MPC Clear body 1/24 ones but would like other scales too.

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on April 07, 2022, 11:15:03 PM
Quote from: honker on April 07, 2022, 04:24:07 PM

Mike

Ok I want the breadwagon. Let me know a number. I have to keep my Red/Gold Hertz car since Richard won't sell me mine back........
To sell the red Hertz would be far worse than any divorce. It will be for sale in an estate sale I suspect. My estate. Who knows how long I have? Certainly not I.  Unless some financial disaster should befall me before I kick my air addiction. Or some such other disaster I would not see on final approach. So 843 will come on the market in time.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

TA Coupe

have been rearranging my man cave in the house and the one In the garage so I took a couple of quick pictures of a small portion of my collection and here they are..  I will post more when I get things arranged a little better.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Quote from: TA Coupe on June 04, 2022, 07:09:50 AM
have been rearranging my man cave in the house and the one In the garage so I took a couple of quick pictures of a small portion of my collection and here they are..  I will post more when I get things arranged a little better.

Roy

Most excellent
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert