Author Topic: CSX1000 ACE/Shelby Cobra  (Read 1263 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
CSX1000 ACE/Shelby Cobra
« on: November 12, 2020, 10:08:29 AM »
This Shelby Cobra is one of just 14 CSX1000 continuation models produced by Shelby American and AC Cars during the early-to-mid 2000s. The car, chassis CSX1006, was ordered new by the current owner in December 2004 through Gateway Performance of Chesterfield, Missouri. Delivered in February 2006, it features a hand-formed aluminum body finished in Le Mans Blue with Wimbledon White stripes. Power comes from a “Carroll Shelby Signature Series” V8 engine, which displaces 468 cubic inches and features an aluminum FE block, aluminum cylinder heads, forged connecting rods, forged pistons, roller rockers, and a hydraulic lifter camshaft. The car is also equipped with a five-speed manual gearbox, Salisbury differential, rack-and-pinion steering, four-wheel disc brakes, knock-off wheels, side pipes, black leather upholstery, Shelby-branded instrumentation, and a driver’s roll hoop. This CSX1000 Cobra now shows 1,700 miles and is offered on behalf of the original owner with a copy of its build sheet and a clean Kansas title that describes the car as a 2006 model year.

Aluminum bodywork was hand formed by AC Cars of the UK and is finished in Le Mans Blue with Wimbledon White racing stripes. Features include side pipes with Cobra-branded heat shields, plexiglass wind wings, a single roll hoop, a Raydot-style aluminum side mirror, and Shelby badging. The finish and trim are shown up close in the gallery below.

Halibrand-style 15″ knock-off wheels feature painted centers and are mounted with Goodyear Eagle GT II tires sized 235/60 up front and 295/50 out back. Disc brakes are fitted at all four corners and utilize Shelby-branded calipers over cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

The cockpit is upholstered in black leather and features matching-color carpets. Equipment includes a wood-rimmed steering wheel, Simpson safety harnesses, plexiglass sun visors, and Cobra-branded floor mats. The dashboard was signed by Carroll Shelby and is fitted with a plaque identifying the car as CSX1006. A fire extinguisher is located on the center tunnel, between the seats.

Shelby-branded instrumentation from AutoMeter includes a 180-mph, reverse-sweep speedometer along with an 8k-rpm tachometer and gauges for oil temperature, coolant temperature, voltage, oil pressure, and fuel level. Approximately 1,700 miles are shown on the five-digit odometer.

The all-aluminum Shelby 427 FE V8 displaces 468ci thanks to a SCAT stroker crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, and Arias forged pistons. Induction is via a Holly four-barrel carburetor mounted on a dual-plane intake manifold, and cooling is managed by an aluminum radiator and front-mount oil cooler. Additional features include a Crower hydraulic lifter camshaft, MSD 6AL ignition system, McLeod 12″ clutch, Hays steel flywheel, and finned Shelby valve covers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-shelby-cobra-csx1006/

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: CSX1000 ACE/Shelby Cobra
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 05:59:46 PM »
Nice, thanks for posting Michael.  Is that purple paper air cleaner period correct?  I see them a lot and always wondered that.  They appear to me to look like they're from the '80s.  :P
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 06:37:40 PM »
Nice, thanks for posting Michael.  Is that purple paper air cleaner period correct?  I see them a lot and always wondered that.  They appear to me to look like they're from the '80s.  :P
From the later 80's,90,'s,2000's to present. K+N from the looks of it.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 06:49:59 PM »
My memory (feeble as it often is) doesn't recall those open-ribbed-top kind of K&Ns until the mid-late 2000s.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:27:08 PM »
My memory (feeble as it often is) doesn't recall those open-ribbed-top kind of K&Ns until the mid-late 2000s.
I remember buying one in the 90's for my Pantera . I don't remember the brand but assume K+N . Regardless does it really matter given it is a obvious after market part? ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby