News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

289 pump-carb fuel line and bracket to water pump

Started by lawrence67, November 16, 2020, 12:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawrence67

Spent some time searching forum pages for info on above subject.  Info has been discussed but must have been on V1. Anyway I need fuel line and bracket to water pump for gt350 s/n 1935 w p/s & a/c.  Vendors seem to only have for 65-66 and w/o p/s. Might run under a/c compressor ok?  Any suggestions or help appreciated.  Close up pics of installation would help if I have to fab line.  Looks like Drake has bracket but not sure it's correct.  Seem to remember one of forum guys had made a correct looking one and would sell??  Ring any bells with anyone?
PL

Bob Gaines

Quote from: lawrence67 on November 16, 2020, 12:43:56 PM
Spent some time searching forum pages for info on above subject.  Info has been discussed but must have been on V1. Anyway I need fuel line and bracket to water pump for gt350 s/n 1935 w p/s & a/c.  Vendors seem to only have for 65-66 and w/o p/s. Might run under a/c compressor ok?  Any suggestions or help appreciated.  Close up pics of installation would help if I have to fab line.  Looks like Drake has bracket but not sure it's correct.  Seem to remember one of forum guys had made a correct looking one and would sell??  Ring any bells with anyone?
PL
It is the same fuel line for all 67 GT350 regardless of application. Shelby parts and restoration is the only one that I know of that ever made any of the 67 version. Unfortunately they are closed until the owner recovers from a illness. Plan on making one up from scratch based on pictures. The bracket and clip is a regular Mustang part and yes the Drake one is fine .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

lawrence67

Thanks Bob, hope someone has a couple of good pics.  Parked my rear tail light issues for awhile.  Some family issues.  Still trying to get some garage time in.
Paul L

Bob Gaines

Quote from: lawrence67 on November 16, 2020, 07:18:50 PM
Thanks Bob, hope someone has a couple of good pics.  Parked my rear tail light issues for awhile.  Some family issues.  Still trying to get some garage time in.
Paul L
Paul , on rereading my post I realized that I succumbed to  tunnel vision and had 4 speed on the brain as I have been dealing with many 4 speed car questions recently . I wanted to clarify that my post is in the context of a 4 speed. For 67 automatic keep in mind that the exception to the fuel line rule would be if your car was one of many 67 GT350 automatics that came with a Autolite carb instead of a Holley carburetor. The Autolite equipped GT350 automatics used the regular Mustang fuel line. Determining if the car came with originally Autolite or Holley can be challenging .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

67 GT350 Holley 4 speed example

67 GT350 Autolite example Should be able to order a C or A code fuel line to fit. Think they make them :)

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

lawrence67

Thanks for pics Jeff.  Bob, I've already checked with Dave M with respect carb.  Car came with 3310 holley but I fell for rumour that S/Bs w A/T came with Autolite 4100 (some only).  So shopped like crazy, then had presence of mind to check with Dave M and his info is that it left SJ with Holley715.  Ended up getting a date coded 3259-1 off Ebay. Needed a lot of work and parts, now difficult to get and expensive but it's correct.  Looks like Drake repop. bracket and fabrication job for tubing.
Thks for your help guys.
Paul L

J_Speegle

No problem needed to be covered and discussed since the thread will be read by both Holley and Autolite owners in the future. :)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350DAVE

Would like to hear from anyone who has a 1967 GT 350 automatic car that came equipped with an Autolite carburetor.

Dave Mathews 1967 Registrar  dmathews@prodigy.net
Support the SAAC Registry

lawrence67

Just noticed an error in reply #5.  Shud be SA not SJ, Shelby America vs San Jose.  Off subject Dave M but do you have any data that would indicate 1935 left SA with a louvered hood vs plain.  It has plain now but I've seen  a couple of close s/ns that have louvers. I believe A/C was a factor in decision which was installed. It did get a hit lh front early in life so cud have been replaced because I do have a 68 hood latch. ??
Thks, Paul L

Bob Gaines

The louvered hoods were made specifically with A/C car usage in mind.