News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Black flocking spray paint

Started by 6s1640, November 12, 2020, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to re-flock texture on the inside a console or other storage compartment?  Please tell me what product to purchase that you thought worked well and replicated OEM texture.

Thank you

Cory

papa scoops

Cory, go see my friend at Skyway model shop and get get some "black flocking" it's used for model car carpet. it is a powder. the trick is to remove the part so you can shake it around, use a good adhesive, waterproof thin and smooth, sprinkle on the flocking shake it around, it will dry as even as the glue, after it's dry, brush off all excess. kinda like shake and bake chicken stuff. it also comes in other colors. phred

JohnHouston

There was an article about this in a recent (maybe current) Hot Rod magazine, one of the few titles they haven't killed.

John

GT350Bill

Do a search on "flocking kit"....there are all kinds of them available as well as You Tube videos showing the process.

6s1640

Hi guys,

Thank you for the tips.  I will check them out.

Take care

Cory

Richstang

Quote from: 6s1640 on November 12, 2020, 09:20:11 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone tried to re-flock texture on the inside a console or other storage compartment?  Please tell me what product to purchase that you thought worked well and replicated OEM texture.

Thank you

Cory

Flocking in a spray can. I can't imagine how that would work.
Papa Scoops has it covered well in the application, but you have to mask off anything you don't want the adhesive to stick too
(or the flocking, as it get a static charge and gets on everything)

I wonder if there is any material that is close to the same look that might work?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar