Author Topic: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section  (Read 14343 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »
      Not everyone is as fortunate as we are.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Anyone else see the pictures of the supposed 99 point car in for sale section
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2021, 02:06:15 PM »
I think you should call those people by their screen names, since the purge has started!

I mean heck, why not include the members who never post anything helpful or constructive.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2021, 03:02:22 PM »
I just hate the pile on nonsense here, it’s a lot of work to restore a car, lots of critics few have anything. I own a few early Vette’s, everyone you meet claims to be an NCRS judge but funny enough few if any have a car. Drives me nuts to hear a bunch of B.S. from people that don’t have any idea what it takes.

It's not a lot more work to restore it right the first time. More expensive for correct date code or NOS parts but nearly the same labor. I wouldn't call it pile on - since people have cited different problems they see. I've owned 4 vettes (54, 63, 66, 86) and never wanted or felt a need to see an NCRS Judge even though the 86 was a garage kept sub 20,000 mile car when I got it around 2010 the only thing not original was the battery. The guy in New Zealand who bought it was happy to pay 3+ times what I paid for it 6 months earlier.
I'm in the same boat as Randy - my cars will never be 100 pointers. They are too much fun to drive. And you are right I no longer have any CS products but do have 50+ years experience with the Marque.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
   So that makes you and I in agreement that it is not a 99 point car . Now for those here that are not "qualified" to offer their opinions like you and I , "I" offered some key things ( in my original critique ) that kept it from being a 99 pointer as Ron felt it was.  My comments were not to degrade the car , just the claim.

I just hate the pile on nonsense here, it’s a lot of work to restore a car, lots of critics few have anything. I own a few early Vette’s, everyone you meet claims to be an NCRS judge but funny enough few if any have a car. Drives me nuts to hear a bunch of B.S. from people that don’t have any idea what it takes.

As we can agree, I don't know you and you don't know me but you made an assumption about me that was incorrect.  I do all my own engine SB and FE's builds, metal work, research, parts sourcing so I am use to getting my hands dirty.  This forum has many, many great aspects and we have to focus on that, the nonsense you are talking about is a very small portion of this site.

You may have a lot to contribute to the community but your posts seem to come from a disposition of "everyone is a bunch of kick stands that don't know" but that is not always the case.  Let's be positive and move the SAAC forward.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »
   Amen to that.

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2021, 06:26:59 PM »
   So that makes you and I in agreement that it is not a 99 point car . Now for those here that are not "qualified" to offer their opinions like you and I , "I" offered some key things ( in my original critique ) that kept it from being a 99 pointer as Ron felt it was.  My comments were not to degrade the car , just the claim.

As we can agree, I don't know you and you don't know me but you made an assumption about me that was incorrect.  I do all my own engine SB and FE's builds, metal work, research, parts sourcing so I am use to getting my hands dirty.  This forum has many, many great aspects and we have to focus on that, the nonsense you are talking about is a very small portion of this site.

You may have a lot to contribute to the community but your posts seem to come from a disposition of "everyone is a bunch of kick stands that don't know" but that is not always the case.  Let's be positive and move the SAAC forward.

Well I have to eat my words then, I assume that most who can turn a wrench can appreciate how hard it all is. It just appears every time a car comes up for sale or auction the seagulls fly in. I stand corrected on my assumption.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

6T6/7

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2021, 07:41:27 PM »
My cars are strictly drivers and I obviously don't make many inputs to the forum myself.  However, I'm appreciative of those experts that take the time to do so. If I want to refurb or replace something on my cars I still refer to concours level critiques/discussion as a benchmark or guideline. Also, sometimes use the forum as "database" to do specific searches.  That's one of the ways I enjoy the hobby.  The critiques I've seen generally seem to focus on the car and not the owner/buyer with exception of apparent deception or fraud.  I would hate to see suppression of expert or knowledgeable input (regardless of how much wrench turning they're doing or cars they currently own) by a  few who want to determine the criteria for who's worthy of making inputs to this forum.
‘66 6S379, ‘67 GT350 #1661

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »
Ron I don't know much about that (or any other) 1965 Shelby. But I do know that as a former customer of yours you always treated me well and sold me things at fair prices. I went to your store fronts a couple times in the 1990's, can't remember exactly where they were (Paramount and maybe Garden Grove?) but OMG the Ford FE parts were there and the prices were excellent. Later, after your stores were gone, I bought things from you at the Long Beach Hi Performance swap meet several times. Dealing with you when I lived in Texas and you were sending out the fliers every month - it was special.

Keep up the good work and don't let the internet experts get you down.

Yes Randy (gt350hr)…you were right, it is the same Ron Miller from Ford Power Parts (FPP) where you worked years ago and where you met your wife Carol who was working for me at the time. Now that my history is confirmed…

As I replied to Bob Gaines I am NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER CLAIMED TO BE A SHELBY EXPERT!   As I am sure you remember, I am an expert on FE Ford Engines and  I am very knowledgeable on Sm blks, 351C and 460 series engines,  as well as on 65-70 Mustangs, since approximately  400 went through my hands over the years. But I am not considering myself an expert on Mustangs either. 

Maybe someday I can only hope to be an expert in all areas, as you seem to portrait yourself  for years;   I suppose that it is based on your vast knowledge that it gives you the right to criticize and bad month  people that you don’t consider being at your level of expertise.

If you re-read my text of the car for sale, you will notice that as soon as it was brought to my attention that this car has not been judged at a Shelby event, please note  that I rectified it immediately  because I realized that  it was not accurate for me to claim that it  was a 99 point car.  With an add on note, I specified that it has not been judged and never graded at a Shelby car show.  Also on my outgoing emails in relation with this car, I removed the “99 point car”, but I left it listed as a #1 car, which I don’t think that this statement could be debatable.

This being said, if for years you kept some grudge against me, about which I totally ignored the cause… or if you have some kind of a personal vendetta against me, why don’t you simply come to me directly, either by getting together, or by emailing me or write me a letter to let me know what are the unresolved issues, so we can “bury the hatchet” instead of all this ongoing behind the scenes back stabbing? Who knows, maybe I’ll even buy you a chicken dinner!

This country (and the world at large) are in enough turmoil right now, so all of our energies should be focused on healing, being proactive in trying to fix the problems, and helping each other before it is too late, instead of quibbling over some possible minor issues that may have happened 25+ years ago.

And in closing I really appreciate all the feedback received here about what is incorrect  about this car and I am looking into everything suggested. Thank you!!
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2021, 09:05:34 PM »
Ron ...went to your store fronts a couple times in the 1990's, can't remember exactly where they were
Got ya beat bought and sold stuff with Ron when he was just starting out in his mom's garage in Arcadia.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Royce Peterson

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »
I only heard about FPP after I went to the Columbus All Ford Swap meet in 1991. Wish I had known him earlier.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

camp upshur

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2021, 11:57:48 PM »

We’re talkin Leda Lane. Early 70s. when Ron pulled the garage roof down w a block-and-tackle, but the FE wasn’t hurt!

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2021, 09:37:42 AM »
So back to the 99 percent car or maybe it was a 79 percent car? It might have been raced, had flares, upside down floor plugs, cheap HIPO 289 air cleaner sticker... One thing we know, it is amongst the finest and rarest of the breed. Someone bought it, and someone sold it, they agreed on price so all is good. Bad thing is many are going to foreign lands to never be seen again stateside. That must be a Hot bed for classic cars as I sold an A sedan 66 coupe race car there awhile back. They are going to have some fantastic cars, roaring up and down the French Riviera... Good on them! ;)

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:41 AM »
    There has never been a question that Ron brokered some of the world's rarest Ford parts. Jay Cushman would be his only rival if Ron were still in business.

JohnSlack

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2021, 11:55:07 AM »
    There has never been a question that Ron brokered some of the world's rarest Ford parts. Jay Cushman would be his only rival if Ron were still in business.

The parts that went through Ron's business were phenomenal and the best variety of parts I ever saw were the private collections that showed up after hours. All of the remaining patterns that Art Francis showed up with. The day the pallet of medium riser new castings arrived. I found a ton , no actually of 427 and BOSS 429 stuff there. But the best things I ever got out of FPP was my friendship with Randy Gillis and Gus Tarrab.

John
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 03:47:49 PM by JohnSlack »

Hov

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2021, 04:07:41 PM »
+1 John