News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

I am still amazed

Started by Coralsnake, November 15, 2020, 09:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

those pesky center support plates make exhaust word too difficult  ....just toss it aside
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350shelb on November 15, 2020, 09:56:40 AM
those pesky center support plates make exhaust word too difficult  ....just toss it aside

I was surprised to find how many think the plate is some kind of a backyard repair.

I agree that it looks weird and doesn't look professional, but it is original to the convertibles.

Does this thing have a Shelby VIN tag or what?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

A reproduction Shelby plate appears to be there (Shelby number 2638)

The restorer must be familiar with 1967 cars based on the grille emblem and side stripes. Its frustrating because this car looks nice and so many details could have been easily addressed.

Coralsnake

69mach351w

Then the ignorant need to be taught by some of the professionals here.

Then we wouldn't have so many fake cars and parts floating around on the internet.

Lend a hand, show the less knowledgeable how it should be. It couldn't be all that hard!!

I know some take it offensively when someone is trying to tell them it's incorrect, but as experts in the knowledge, be patient and be expert in your approach to help these "less knowledgeable" folks. JMO

Coralsnake

In the past, those types of posts were met with a lot of whining.

The "concours crowd" , the "Shelby police" always critiquing everyone's cars.

Personally, I am not going to give anyone a laundry list unless the owner asks for it.

The forum can't have it both ways.

Coralsnake

A perfect example is the caution fan decal.

It was pointed out on the forum. It became a reoccurring meme for the less knowledgeable and now its just down right annoying.

We probably need less perfect cars and less critical evaluations.