Author Topic: Holley  (Read 2500 times)

ramrace

• View Profile
Holley
« on: November 23, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »
FYI, Holley purchased Scott Drake Automotive Group and Simpson Racing Equipment. More changes maybe coming.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Holley
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 01:40:06 PM »
 More and more and being bought up by the conglomerates. It's never good.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »
     It's the sign of the times, this industries' market is poor and these companies are unhealthy and being made available at at seeming attractive values; but in my opinion, this perhaps only to those unknowing of the current market trends or in hopes of an upswing in the future?           :o   

I dunno?......................        ::)

Scott.

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:58:39 PM »
Not good.  You will see very low volume parts get discontinued

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 03:46:45 PM »
  Often times these companies are built up by the owner's abilities , knowledge , etc.  Later in life the owner sees an opportunity to unload it and retire/relax and sells to a willing conglomerate. Most all of the 'bigs" we've seen change hands lately happened that way. Edelbrock , Dart , Manley, and at least ten others. Investment groups who often have little if any automotive experience takeover and the downhill spiral begins after bean counters "streamline" the company after the "visionary" is gone.

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »
Yep, Randy.   Same thing happened to car magazine publishers. 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 02:24:26 AM »
Really bad I always wonder how the supply for parts will be in 10 or 20 years also the rare stuff not everybody will need but some. I think the biggest problem is the china mentality to produce a lot of crap, who need 100 valve covers for low prices that dont fit, wouldnīt it make more sense to sell some good replicas of the originals which will be so good that they are concours possible. The same with a lot of other stuff, in my opinion the shops, dealers and manufacturer should go back to the original style and develop more important parts for restorations. Who need all this bling bling instruments in 100 colours, 100 seat belts, 100 floor mats, thats a waste of energy and money. I think there should be a rule that says most important is original style parts. What I want to say there is to much crap out there nobody really need, if all of this would go away there is more room for really needed parts.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »
Really bad I always wonder how the supply for parts will be in 10 or 20 years also the rare stuff not everybody will need but some. I think the biggest problem is the china mentality to produce a lot of crap, who need 100 valve covers for low prices that dont fit, wouldnīt it make more sense to sell some good replicas of the originals which will be so good that they are concours possible. The same with a lot of other stuff, in my opinion the shops, dealers and manufacturer should go back to the original style and develop more important parts for restorations. Who need all this bling bling instruments in 100 colours, 100 seat belts, 100 floor mats, thats a waste of energy and money. I think there should be a rule that says most important is original style parts. What I want to say there is to much crap out there nobody really need, if all of this would go away there is more room for really needed parts.

AGREE!

My restoration guy, is one of few remaining who rebuilds everything that he can! Right down to wheel cylinders. I have NEVER seen him use repro windshield moldings. He straightens them and polishes them and they look great. Lots of guys are happy with slapping a new China part on cars for people.
RARE  Signature Delete

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 09:28:27 AM »
My restoration guy, is one of few remaining who rebuilds everything that he can! Right down to wheel cylinders.

That is how I restored my '69...I still have shelves of NOS parts I bought in the late 70's but restored the original parts instead...even the wheel cylinders... ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
Yep, Randy.   Same thing happened to car magazine publishers.

You guys really got SHAFTED overnight. The computer may be the way of the future , but I like having the paper magazine and would even pay the obscene news stand price on many occasions.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
     Randy, stay away from the obscene news stands!       ::)

Scott.

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »
   I do "now".