News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 shelby Head Light Bucket cover seal?

Started by Corey Bowcutt, November 23, 2020, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I saw the attached picture on Pete's Thecoralsnake.com web site and noticed a part that is missing on my car.  I am calling it a headlight bucket seal.  Does anyone have a right and left side of these available or know where I could find them?  Also should these be painted body color as apparent in the attached photo?

Thank you,

Corey

KR Convertible

I believe they call them fender splash shields.  There is a front (pictured) and rear that goes behind the wheel and attaches to the torque box area and extends up to the cowl area.  Virginia Mustang and NPD should have them.  They come with and without the rubber on them.

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you KR Convertible.  It definitely helps in the search when you know the name.  I do have the ones behind the rear wheels.

Looking at the pictures of the splash shield on NPD I can see how it mounts and seals to the fender.  But there appears to be another piece on the right side in Pete's picture that does not appear to be part of this Splash shield that seals against the apron?  I do see 3 holes in my bucket cover but can not tell from the picture what if anything gets mounted there?  This is between the bucket and the apron.  Any ideas?

Also does anyone know what color the headlight bucket cover should be?

Corey

Corey Bowcutt

Just noticed my lettering was getting lost so I changed to white background.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on November 23, 2020, 03:48:47 PM
Just noticed my lettering was getting lost so I changed to white background.
What you are referring to as a headlight bucket cover is part of the fender innerstructure . I suspect it is there on yours just like any normal 68 Mustang/Shelby and being overlooked.  If it is missing then you have a problem with your fender being modified for some reason.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

What I know I am missing is the forward splash shield as you can see in the photo below that compares Pete's pic with my car.  What I can not tell is there something mounted on the right hand side to the holes you can see in my car.  I can not tell from Pete's picture if there is something mounted here to seal against the inner apron?

Corey

In The Doghouse

I believe the holes you are referring to are where the 3 splash shield pins go.

Corey Bowcutt

Excellent!  Thank you In The Doghouse.  That is what I was expecting to see but the ones I saw on NPD did not have that extra rubber strip.

Corey