Author Topic: 5 S 114 -the Journey in Europe- NEW 03.12.21 - Greetings from Switzerland 9 / 65  (Read 11819 times)

kranky

• View Profile
Re: 5 S 114 - the Journey in Europe - Argentina, Dutch, French and Geman Tests
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2020, 11:02:48 PM »
Major magazines that only produced one issue a month had a lead time of anywhere from two to three months (Road and Track, Motor Trend, etc.).  Many of the other competition oriented magazines were usually only about a week to three weeks behind in current affairs (Autosport, Competition Press and Autoweek, etc.).

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
A couple of interesting observations from looking at all these pictures of 5S114.
The horse emblem at the left side of the grill seems to have disappeared at some point.
The three screws holding the passenger side kick panel seem to have a larger head than the
ones normally used on restored cars.
Texas Swede

Looks like a red cap Autolite battery with raised warning lettering also...
Regular Mustang post orientation and 24F battery. The reverse post batteries used with the Cobra vent caps are in future production.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Szabo

• View Profile
Re: 5 S 114 - the Journey in Europe - Argentina, Dutch, French and Geman Tests
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2020, 03:49:31 PM »
Thanks for your replys,

i was a few days off and on research,
unfortunately i get no Email from the "Auto, Motor und Sport" editorial staff

i found a nice negativ pic from the Paris, Eifeltower shoot
on the Homepage from Vernon Estes

http://www.vernonestesclassics.com/memorabiliaandparts/fordperformancebook-9r796-3lab7-yar6d-tprsc-58wm3-4hrpn-p9z4d-ml6m9-l9mpt

i mirrod it and so we can it in full glory

Szabo

• View Profile
Hey all,

I found a color photo from the Modena test by Fangio.

since most are only black and white, color photos always delight my eye

In contrast to the black and white photo from the Automondo Magazin, the pic have another angle

It is also from a German / French newspaper / magazine, but unfortunately I cannot determine the source ...

Pic from the Automondo Magazin

the new color Pic

Greets from Germany

Szabo

Helmantel

• View Profile

the last magazine i know was

Autovisie 1965
this was from Netherland in dutch language

the car stands on gras, but when you look on the first test, you see that is clearly the same car and test...

I think this article was also posted a few years ago (and got lost when there were forum issues I think). I posted a translation back then (I'm dutch). I'll check if I still have it somewhere.

Szabo

• View Profile
After a while and on the research on i am glad to find a new
breadcumb and a new to me Point of 5S114

after the Test from Modena the Automondo Magazin 5 1965 Post the main story, the car stands on the track
the Dutch Magazin Autovisie (Date unkown) also post from the Same Modena Test, the car stands on Gras

Now i found on the Cover of Automondo Magazin 03 1966 Pics from the Modena Test,
but in beauytifull color and Car stands on Gras ...

Both Magazin has her stories from Etienne Cornill, but this new find is the perfect link that
Mr. Cornill has more than one set of Pics and selling them to both magazine.

also a different angel of the Pic like in the Autovisie Magazin

also on the second pic, the car stands on the track

of course the Car is titeld on the cover as a 66 GT350 is not real,
inside the Magazin only a few words are made in italy that the 1966 version
was offerd for sale and the Car was on Automondo Mag 18 of 1965 and
on Automondo Mag 36 of 1965 was a preview on the 66 Models
(only known Pics from LAX, the Press Pic for 66 Models and a long text)

the rest of the Articel, i did the engine pic resized
maybe some news for the technical guys here...

Hope you enjoy

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
cool thank you for sharing !

Szabo

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm always interested in finding new connections to my favorite topics.

By sheer coincidence, I recently came across a connection that I call Extremely "Happy".

There is a car yearbook called "Automobil-Jahr" from a Swiss publisher from Lousanne that I had never heard of before.
It only comes out once a year and has about 300 pages.

Well for 65 there was a synopsis and when I read "Mustang 350 GT" test, I was very interested.

Switzerland, Ecurie Filipinetti took over the car, test ... I hoped for the best and was not disappointed.

The test sheds further light on the darkness in several areas:

- The picture was known, but thanks to the report it finally has a date and a place. (and a much higher resolution)

The report describes that the test took place at the beginning of September, and the place is a pass road, in the background actually the mountain range "Mount Blanc"

- After the Fangio test and Etienne Cornil's test (end of June), it is the first time that he appears with the "Goodyear" sticker on the fender at the beginning of September. and Sport "test at the end of September / beginning of October were again none applied.

I'll modify the timeline accordingly.

I hope you continued to have fun and think the news is good.

Greetings from Germany

Stephan

The report was also translated in other langauges, i found one in English,
the Report by itself has some funny moments, it is pleasure to read.

a nice bonus and new found Pic is the sideview

the translated articel in english

Szabo

• View Profile
the updated timeline

03 / 1965 - Car finished on SAI

05 / 14 / 1965 - Car came to Le Havre per Ship and go to Paris for "Eifeltower" Shoot

06 / 19 & 20 / 1965 - Le Mans 1965 car was on several Pics shown

06 / ? ? ? / 1965 - going over Alpine pass to Italy, driven by Peter Brock

06 / befor 29 / 1965 - Test Autodromo di Modena with Fangio

06 / 29 / 1965 - LA Times Articel of "Modena" Test with Fangio

07 - 08 / 1965   Pics of the Car appears in 3 Magazine (Automondeo 7/65, Autovisie 7/65, LŽAutomobil 8/65)

NEW: 09 / beginning / 1966 Car was tested from "Automobil Year Annual" from Lousanne, driving Italy back to Suiss
                                          First Time car is showed with "Goodyear" Stickers on Fenders

09 / 29 / 1965 SAI invoice Filipinetti 3000 Dollar for 5s114

09 - 10 / befor 20 / 1965  Car was back in Geneva and "Auto, Motor und Sport" Magazin test drive from Geneva to Stuttgart and back,
                                      no "Goodyear" Sticker on Fender

11 / 65   Road & Track research the Story of LA-Times, the Italian Newspaper and the Test with Fangio

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:16:03 PM by Szabo »