Author Topic: revive '68 luggage protector post  (Read 7127 times)

TXShelbyman

• View Profile
Re: revive '68 luggage protector post
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »
Black has been available in a reproduction for some time.  Black used in 65-66 I know of; don't know others.  It is longer also. 
The Metuchen built '68 Shelby protector is not black.  Different years and different plants varied.  Good luck.

Just for grins I pulled the one off of a San Jose parts coupe I have. It is black and about 10 3/16 long.
When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

mk31755

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
Pete and Tim;

I hope I did this right.  I haven't posted a picture in awhile.  I went back and was looking at prerestoration pictures of my 1968 Shelby gt500 convertible.  It had never been restored, other than a cheap repaint.  If you look closely you will see, what I believe is the, original luggage protector.  I'd love to know what ever happened to it.

Mark

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 09:49:44 PM »
Thanks to you guys for reviving the  thread!!!  Need to  try make everyone aware that the gray style is out there or I'm stuck with a bunch of it...   I sell by the foot and leave it up to the end user to decide on length.  I am making notes and may try to put reference on site as to 68-70 specific lengths...  thanks again.

chris