Author Topic: Francis Ford Dealership image from 1965  (Read 2453 times)

6s1640

• View Profile
Francis Ford Dealership image from 1965
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
Hi all,

Please advise a source of a high resolution image of Francis Ford dealership image from 1965. There is a seller on a popular auction site that has a postcard side image but is cropped.  Attached is the full image. Does anyone know where I can buy a copy?  Also was this a postcard or just a promotional photo?  This is an awesome image.

Thank you

Cory

Mr.Guts

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Ford Dealership image from 1965
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
This image is from 1966. The tipoffs are cars painted other than white and you can also see the windows in place of the roof vents. The image you have posted here is also cropped which leaves out some of those details  ;D

The image was part of an article in the July 1966 issue of Super Stock and Drag Illustrated. There was a feature on the Jim Costilow turbine powered drag car that was sponsored by Francis for Fords. I am unaware if the photo appeared in any other publications.

The magazine comes for sale on eBay from time to time. If you were able to locate a high resolution version of this in its complete form, I would also love to get a copy of it.

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 02:55:42 AM »
Hi Mr. Guts and Kerry B,

Thank you for the tips and link.  The seller of this items claimed it was a postcard.  I was doubtful is was and you just showed me where it was actually published.  I will be buying a copy of that magazine.

Take care

Cory

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 05:31:39 PM »
Hi all,

Here is the full image from the magazine Super Stock & Drag Illustrated July 1966.  It is part of an article on the Mustang Turbocar, sponsored by Francis For Fords.  The image from the magazine is much better than that found on the internet nor the seller's image on a popular auction site.  I'd rather buy the whole magazine than a bad and cropped image off an auction.

Thanks for the help.

Cory
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:07:50 PM by 6s1640 »