News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Coralsnake, December 04, 2020, 05:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 04, 2020, 05:42:52 PM
It looks a lighter with a seat belt decal on it?

Am I wrong?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1968-Ford-Shelby-Cobra-Dealer-Promo-Lighter/264963995814?hash=item3db115b8a6:g:ugYAAOSwvthfyjzV
You can't have your perfect record for ever Mr. Disher. ;) 68 seat built emblems are not just the circle but the whole seat belt button plate plus the ring is silver on 68. The art work is slightly different then a 68 seat belt button too. It is more similar to a 67 Shelby gas cap emblem with the black ring and same artwork but without GT500/350 designation.   Vern knows the prices on this memorabilia lighter stuff i don't . I am just commenting on the seat belt emblem comparison.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

I have about 5 of them.  They were made in Japan by Cygnus, a common lighter manufacturer, then private labeled for Shelby.  They are really cool in person, but $450 is way too high.  Pete, I've seen mint in the original boxes sell for $250 to $300.

The decal is about 3/4 of inch in diameter, the same as a seat belt decal, but obviously they are different.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

BGlover67

No problem, you've taught me about a million more facts.  Thank you.  :)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative