Author Topic: Host Hotel  (Read 17491 times)

Wedgeman

• View Profile
Host Hotel
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:03:46 AM »
What is the host hotel for SAAC 43???

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
Re: Host Hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 04:06:57 AM »
The host hotel is typically the Embassy Suits in San Rafael for NorCal SAAC Mini Nats and SAAC national events.

Cheers,
~Earl J
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:38:01 AM by SFM5S000 »

rkm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 09:15:40 AM »
Okay guys, the forum is back up.

What hotel?

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
So when is the host hotel gonna be announced?  I wanna book!

Me and my bud Steve are on a good run of 2 conventions in a row (Mid Ohio and Indy) and we wanna make it three in a row in Cali.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

shelbyman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »
Host hotel as has been mentioned has always been the Embassy Suites in San Rafael just off Hwy 101.   Should be no different this year.  Not many around that area that can handle this size group.

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:38 PM »
Yes  its the Hilton Embassy ,  the banquet will be there as well believe Saturday
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

66TotalPerf

• SAAC Member
  • 66 GT350 Tribute
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:30:48 PM »
Have dates been confirmed yet and will there be a hotel group discount?
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

66TotalPerf

• SAAC Member
  • 66 GT350 Tribute
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 11:14:08 PM »
Looks like a hotel group rate has already been established for at least Thur through Sat nights (8/2-8/5). If you call the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael Marin County (415-499-9222), select the option for a New Reservation, and then say you're with Shelby American Automobile Club, they offered $215+tax per night. On their website, the lowest I found was the AAA rate at $275/nt, so that's a decent discount.  This is for a king bed room with a fold-out sofa. They offer a full-refund cancellation policy up to 2 days before check-in.
-Brent
'66 GT350 Tribute, '66 F100 4x4

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 11:38:10 PM »
Looks like a hotel group rate has already been established for at least Thur through Sat nights (8/2-8/5). If you call the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Rafael Marin County (415-499-9222), select the option for a New Reservation, and then say you're with Shelby American Automobile Club, they offered $215+tax per night. On their website, the lowest I found was the AAA rate at $275/nt, so that's a decent discount.  This is for a king bed room with a fold-out sofa. They offer a full-refund cancellation policy up to 2 days before check-in.

I can confirm this information to be accurate.  IIRC, I also have a buddy that was able to reserve two queen room for $245 a night.  It did take him 20 minutes on the phone though.  I am not sure what was the problem.  When I called, the reservation gal was a little hard to understand, but I did secure a single king reservations with confirmation without much trouble.

Best of luck

Cory

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 02:32:29 AM »
By the way folks, (I attended the NorCal SAAC BoD meeting last Wednesday the 7th) the Thursday afternoon just before SAAC 43, Denbeste (think Shelby Engine Co) up in Santa Rosa is hosting a BBQ quasi open house. Just and FYI. I should actually post this under NorCal SAAC.
Just for the guys running open track Friday and Sunday the sound limit is 103db BUT Saturday is UNLIMITED sound. There will be a surprise for you guys.
Track course is the NASCAR road course, cutting off the carousel so it doesn't interfere with the drag strip. More details to follow.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 05:33:37 PM »
We are booked for convention and a couple of extra days.  You have been warned!

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 02:36:16 AM »
Email notice about hotels is out to members so check your emails and start making your reservations.  We are arriving early to check out the BBQ if it is open to SAAC members and not just Nor-Cal.  Amazing place!

jguyer

• SAAC Member
  • Any man that eats chili, can't be all bad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »
Email notice about hotels is out to members so check your emails and start making your reservations.  We are arriving early to check out the BBQ if it is open to SAAC members and not just Nor-Cal.  Amazing place!
May have to dig out the Nor-Cal T-shirt from SAAC9 to crash the party :D
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Jim Herrud

• SAAC Member
  • '65 GT350 Tribute, '19 GT350 Eagle ID
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:01 PM »
An update on the lodging situation at the Embassy Suites: The online reservation system indicates that there are no more "SAC" room rates available, so I called their number to speak to an agent. It appears that all the “SAC” rate rooms are filled for Aug 3 and Aug 5, but are available for the other dates. The online reservation system can't handle the dual rates in this case, so it defaults to the normal rates for all nights. The normal rate for these two non-SAC nights was $287+tax for a King room. The SAC rate on the other 4 nights was the expected $215+tax. The agent booking the room told me I got the last King room that is available for all 6 nights of the event, but there are still Double-Queen rooms available.

Regarding parking: I don’t want to start a false rumor, so consider the source, but the agent told me that the $7 parking is not waived for these nights. In contrast to this report, recall that in the "SAAC-43 Host Hotel Information" thread, the Forum Guide told us:

5. No matter what is says on the forms, all SAAC reservations get free parking (normally $7/night).

So SAAC may have made other parking arrangements of which the agent is unaware.

Thx,
Jim
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a “Vintage Car” guy. Now I’m just a “Vintage” car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.