News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looky what I can do!

Started by paul, March 27, 2018, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I'm jealous, I've all kinds of stories about how they aren't the best for the street, but it doesn't matter I still want a set
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

;D

It's a disease. Once infected, there is no known cure. There is no reasoning with a Weberized person. Don't go there.

Nice Paul! Welcome to the Matrix.  8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

acman63

drove my Cobra for 12 years on the street with webers -  no filters.  Once you get them dialed in they are amazing
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Stop it, you guys are killing me. I feel myself weakening each moment.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on March 27, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

You are infected. The sooner you give in, the sooner you will enjoy them.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

GT350Lad

Awesome Paul, which one did you do that to? 541?

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bigfoot

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 27, 2018, 08:14:30 PM
Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on March 27, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

You are infected. The sooner you give in, the sooner you will enjoy them.

Penicillin
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

paul

kjspeed

Welcome to the 8-stack pack! You'll enjoy them  ;D
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

zray

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on March 27, 2018, 02:38:13 PM
I'm jealous, I've all kinds of stories about how they aren't the best for the street, but it doesn't matter I still want a set

define "best"

Z.

I hear thyme can be "cold natured", can be tricky in hot weather in "Stop and Go traffic", I hear the mileage can suffer. I hear you can make more power with a single 4 barrel. But it like having a supermodel for a girl friend, the costs may be worth it

zray

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on March 28, 2018, 02:57:46 PM
I hear thyme can be "cold natured", can be tricky in hot weather in "Stop and Go traffic", I hear the mileage can suffer. I hear you can make more power with a single 4 barrel. But it like having a supermodel for a girl friend, the costs may be worth it

I've heard that 4 barrel comment many times as well. I've had all types of 4 barrel carbs on HiPo 289 engines, but based on my own experiences which may have no correlation to someone else's, none of the 4 barrels came close to having the midrange torque or high rpm HP of a well tuned quad Weber 48 IDA carb set

The recent postings regarding the power output of various 289 induction systems made me think of the old High Performance catalog that Ford dealers used to have. Youu could get some pretty amazing set-ups direct from the local dealer.

The following was copied from the 1965 Ford High Performance Catalog (for ordering thru Ford dealers)
Quote from the catalog:

"Figures were obtained from actual dynometer test programs by Shelby-American Inc."

Stock 289 w/ one 4V 232 @ 5,500 rpm (A code I'm supposing)
289 Performance 4v kit 286 @ 6,500 rpm (I think the carb is a Holley 715 w/ the Cobra Hi Rise manifold.
289 w/ two 4V carbs kit. 276 @ 6,000 rpm
289 w/ three 2V carbs kit 314 @. 6,500 rpm
289 w/ four 2V carbs (Weber 48 IDA carbs) kit 345 @ 6,500 rpm.  ......"

Those numbers mirror my own experiences and observations.

Z

"You're killing me Smalls" 8)

chris NOS

pretty good result with those weber ! i didn't expect so much difference !