Author Topic: What's My GT350 Worth?  (Read 5489 times)

davez

• View Profile
Re: What's My GT350 Worth?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »
68cobra427: what does BAT mean?  Where did you end up selling it through?  I'm new to all this - and this thread caught my eye.  I've always wondered, if I ever decide to sell my car (68 GT500) what would I do??  My only knowledge is eBay and auction houses.  The suggestion posted by someone else, to put a very high reserve on ebay - to see what kind of offers you get - could cost a mint.  It is my understanding that ebay still collects fees for an unsold item - based on the reserve amount; correct?

BAT
Bring A Trailer
Auction site

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »
Bat is “bring a trailer” another auction site.

There are a lot of options. This website, carsonline, hemmings, etc

The two you listed are the two least desirable in my opinion.

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 12:17:23 PM »
Thanks, coralsnake!
..."The two you listed are the two least desirable in my opinion." -- that's why I asked.  :-)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:33 PM »
eBay will probably provide you with a lot of exposure.

and auction houses are the most expensive
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:22:51 PM by Coralsnake »

68cobra427

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
Pm sent to Redpony.

Troy

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »
68cobra427: what does BAT mean?  Where did you end up selling it through?  I'm new to all this - and this thread caught my eye.  I've always wondered, if I ever decide to sell my car (68 GT500) what would I do?? My only knowledge is eBay and auction houses.  The suggestion posted by someone else, to put a very high reserve on ebay - to see what kind of offers you get - could cost a mint.  It is my understanding that ebay still collects fees for an unsold item - based on the reserve amount; correct?

Don't even think of selling yet.  ;D

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:03 PM »
68cobra427: what does BAT mean?  Where did you end up selling it through?  I'm new to all this - and this thread caught my eye.  I've always wondered, if I ever decide to sell my car (68 GT500) what would I do?? My only knowledge is eBay and auction houses.  The suggestion posted by someone else, to put a very high reserve on ebay - to see what kind of offers you get - could cost a mint.  It is my understanding that ebay still collects fees for an unsold item - based on the reserve amount; correct?

Why not?  :-)  Actually, I never thought I'd even think of doing it until I got too old to drive - but my best friend that has spent more hours under the hood of that car has moved to another state.  I now feel lost without his support....so the thought does cross my mind at times. 

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 10:47:09 PM »

Why not?  :-)  Actually, I never thought I'd even think of doing it until I got too old to drive - but my best friend that has spent more hours under the hood of that car has moved to another state.  I now feel lost without his support....so the thought does cross my mind at times.

Well, IF you decide to sell, chances are high you will find a good caretaker here at a fair price without a hassle.  Enjoy it as long as you can.

redpony

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »

Well, IF you decide to sell, chances are high you will find a good caretaker here at a fair price without a hassle.  Enjoy it as long as you can.
[/quote]

Thanks, rodster-500.  I bought the car in the late 70's - but it's been in storage more than it has seen the light of day.  :-)  I always dreamed of the day it would be road-worthy but life doesn't always work out as one dreams -lol!  I'm now a 'senior' and no longer have the support from a dear friend who has worked on it all these years - since he retired and moved out of state.  Anyway - should that day come it is good to know there are options to ensure it goes to a good home.  :-)  Thanks!

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 10:52:11 AM »
It happens to the best of us.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 11:01:00 AM »
Bill, if you need the money sell now. If you dont need to sell, retain and enjoy. I think the US economy is going to slow down considerably soon. Just my 2 cents
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

68cobra427

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 11:18:04 AM »
Bill, if you need the money sell now. If you dont need to sell, retain and enjoy. I think the US economy is going to slow down considerably soon. Just my 2 cents

Oh you got that right. Things have been slowing down since 08.  It took me 2 yrs to sell my mothers Shelby. Kept getting low offers. Could not find anyone in US wanting to pay up. Sorry to say it ended up out of the country.

Going to invest what I received in property to re-coupe what we lost. A storage facility is #1 investment. 

At 55 now and have owned 140 mustangs my goals are changing. We all have to make tuff choices.

For those of you that continue to show-store-restore and drive your pride in joys . Good for you!  I still have my 68 GT/CS conv mod , My daughter wants it, so some day it will be passed.

Best of luck
Troy