News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Keeping mice out of car

Started by RSOHC, November 29, 2020, 11:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trotrof1

How about Using the old bug zapper technology only on a larger scale naturally. Probably wouldnt hurt to scale up your fire abatement equipment if you go this route.

trotrof1

There is a alternate approach but it hinges on how dimwitted your uninvited guests are. STEP 1, build a replica garage some distance from your location. STEP 2, fill garage with substantial amount of TNT. STEP 3, as a lure I will send you a smokin hot female mouse named Fang Fang. I think you know where this is going. I suggest that the site chosen would be ideal for a future coy pond or in ground pool.

1.piece of cheese2."apply"framing hammer to"unwanted guest"3.repeat4.repeat,etc. :o

Side-Oilers

I found thick weatherstripping with steel wool type wire mesh inside, constructed to keep out rodents. 

Used a lot of it on my 40x40 building and it isn't cheap, but it stopped most of the little b*stards.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

sg66

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 30, 2020, 12:57:55 PM
Quote from: Kent on November 30, 2020, 02:40:32 AM
storage bag is a 1 minute thing for a mouse, best is a cobra in the car  ;D
Cute post but apparently not written with any hands on knowledge of the Car Jacket product. I on the other hand and many others do have experience . The bags are made of tough fiber plastic similar to what thicker heavy plastic tarps are made of . I used them for years in buildings with rodents and they do not even attempt to eat through.Heard testimonials from many others for the same. If they get in they can do damage regardless of safe guards used on the inside to prevent them from staying. If they can't get in to begin with then they don't have a chance to do damage or die on the inside. https://www.carbag.com/carjacket/
+ 1

I also place a few traditional spring loaded mouse traps with peanut butter around the garage and car. Any mice would go for the peanut butter before thinking about chewing through a car bag. I also set the traps up a week before putting the car in the bag just in case a mouse may already be hiding in the car.

Steve Z

I had someone tell me that Irish Spring Soap would keep mice away. Yep I tried it and now I have the cleanest mice in the area . They ate the Dam soap???

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert