News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

5s555 Head Identification

Started by Craig Mazzola, December 16, 2020, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Mazzola

I recently purchased 5s555. For the past two months I have tried to obtain more specific information on the cars history, specifically finding the original motor.  The original titled owner of the car stated that the car was a former Reynolds Drag car, prior to his purchase. He stated the motor was removed and replaced with another K code motor.  The car was then sold and owned for a short period by a gentleman who is deceased, but his son stated the car was raced, as told by his father. The car was then sold to Austin Craig who stated the car had race history, as purported by the previous owner. Mr Craig, the former SAAC president furnished the next owner with a receipt for Shelby/Ford racing heads, designated by part number 6048. I found these heads in the old Shelby parts catalog, but cannot find out any specific identifications that would prove these heads are on my car. My car currently has K code heads with the two dots above the 288, screw in studs and 65 cast into them as well as 21.  The front drivers side shows two separate numbers, C1055 and 0215X.  Howard Pardee has been diligently helping me through this process. So the question remains if there is a way to identify those heads on my order form.  Thank you for any help.