Author Topic: archived and detailed original ford gt design renderings ?  (Read 929 times)

honker

• View Profile
Re: archived and detailed original ford gt design renderings ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:17 PM »
Thanks for the link, quite a few of those drawings are in the Cobra & GT40 registry, 4th edition 2008. The letters I've not seen

before, interesting read.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:16:34 PM by honker »

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
Honker,
Please put the letters and text in the archives for future use and read.

I constantly find bits of info re; shelby, gt 40's , superchargers etc, while researching Ben and the Speedster.
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

430dragpack

• View Profile

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »
Harris Speedster, once more thanks for the link I'm not sure how to go about saving all that and putting the letters and text in the

archives for future reference, It'll have to be some one with better computer skills, and who knows their way around the forum !

430dragpack, thanks for your link to the Shelby Life magazine and the piece on Don Eichstaedt's memories from KarKraft, and also

the link to the booklet on the GT and Sports Car Project, very cool, not seen that before  8)

Mike
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 09:05:12 PM by honker »

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »
A bit off topic, but there was a link in one of the others above to the demolition of the Ford product development Centre, I know

like the article says, these iconic buildings don't fit the bill anymore, but there is a lot of history there. I have not seen the Ford

buildings, but have visited and toured the G.M Tech Centre, what an amazing structure ! will it also see the wreckers ball ?

Here's the link   https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/ford-product-development-center-demolished-to-make-room-for-new-campus/

Mike

CSX2259

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 12:02:00 AM »
I believe the SAAC Registry has GT related drawings similar to these in it.