News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby Parts and Restoration - 67-68 Ebay Auctions

Started by 64cobra, December 19, 2020, 10:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

64cobra

Tonights auctions:
67-68 Mustang NOS C6AE-E fan in box
68 GT350 NOS C60E-G fan in box
67 GT350/500 original used 2 piece exhaust extensions
67 and on C6AZ-3A525-B steering rag joint NOS
67 NOS brake booster C7ZZ-2005-A1 in box
67 brake warning lamp switch C7AZ-2B264-A in old blue fomoco box
67 NOS Shelby GT350/500 outboard headlamp mounting bracket
S7MS-8B322-B and S7MS-8B323-B

64cobra

Appreciate all the bids.... thank you.

Today I will list:
67-73 plastic battery heat shields.   Nice condition.   Both early (light grey) and later (dark grey)
67 Shelby gage pod assembly (complete)
NOS 67-8 washer pump foot pedal assembly

All no reserve.

Thanks!

johnzajc@gmail.com

HI-MR. COBRA---I would like explanation on what is happening with BIDDING up on coil---same bidder I desperately hope is not U was bidding up everytime I raised the bid---KEY is that is always same guy, and after it reached certain target price he cancel the bid---That is ethically very questionable and suspicious behavior 

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on December 26, 2020, 02:30:26 PM
HI-MR. COBRA---I would like explanation on what is happening with BIDDING up on coil---same bidder I desperately hope is not U was bidding up everytime I raised the bid---KEY is that is always same guy, and after it reached certain target price he cancel the bid---That is ethically very questionable and suspicious behavior

If someone puts in a bid for say, $500, and the item is currently sitting at $100, eBay does not show anybody his $500 bid but every time someone bids, eBay automatically raises his bid above yours until his max is reached.

Once his max is reached, if he doesn't bid again, he is out.

64cobra

Sounds like someone is just outbidding you.   Have you used Ebay before?

Bill

Quote from: 2112 on December 26, 2020, 03:08:38 PM

If someone puts in a bid for say, $500, and the item is currently sitting at $100, eBay does not show anybody his $500 bid but every time someone bids, eBay automatically raises his bid above yours until his max is reached.

Once his max is reached, if he doesn't bid again, he is out.

In addition, Ebay shows how many bid retractions in 12 months, in the case of the old high bidder, 3
https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ViewBidderProfile?&mode=1&item=193813317904&bidtid=1804703701009&_trksid=p2471758.m4792

With careful investigating, you can usually tell who the shill bidders for certain auction are. Back before Ebay hid the user names, it was quite obvious...I even have a few of them screen captured....
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Tell him that we all wish him well, I understand the fascination of cooking shows. Watch them all the time
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

64cobra

Todays auctions will all be dash gages.  Most are NOS and a mix of 67 and 68 part numbers.
Tach, clock, fuel gage, etc.

Thanks again for the bids!

What happened to the upper grill? My bid was cancelled without an explanation (that eBay said I would get).

For the record, I am no fan of eBay. After the forced estimated shipping charges, they now collect taxes on what is really a swap meet sale. Recently bought something where shipping and taxes added almost 50% to the final bid price.

64cobra

Sorry about the grill.  I accidentally knocked it over and stepped on it.  Didnt figure anyone would want a bent grill.   

Quote from: 64cobra on January 08, 2021, 03:50:23 PM
Sorry about the grill.  I accidentally knocked it over and stepped on it.  Didnt figure anyone would want a bent grill.

Shoot!

Thanks for the explanation.