News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

WTB copies of R-Model Scoop Issues 1-8

Started by 6s1640, December 21, 2020, 03:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Does any one have copies of the R-Model Scoop they are willing to share?  I was trading emails with Howard and he no longer has any copies that copies can be made from.  He says "... the quality and half-live of the Scoops has faded away..."  The paper they were printed on was not the best.  I have access to issues 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7.  So I would only need copies of 4, 6 and 8.  I enjoy reading about the R-models.  I can imagine most of the info on the cars are now in the registries, but I'd still like to see if I can find some Scoops.

Thanks

Cory

6s1640

Corrections:

Turns out there is no number 4, but two No.  3 publications.  Also, no number 8 and number 7 was published in the Shelby American Spring 2010.

1st No. 3 - no date on cover, published 1985.

2nd No. 3 - date on cover February 1992.  (Image attached in prior post.)

So, I am still looking for first No. 3 and No. 6.

Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cory

Jbarela

Hey cory, are they not selling back issues anymore?

TransamEd

Nope, just some fortunate wannabees still have them thanks to Howard.
I prefer wannabee over "non-owning scum" as Rick put it ironically in his Pardee-article as the receipients of the additional copies:-)

Will PM you 6S1640 for a copy.

6s1640

Quote from: Jbarela on December 22, 2020, 01:26:23 AM
Hey cory, are they not selling back issues anymore?

Hi JBarela,

Yes, they are no longer available.  There is a website still out there advertising for $20 you can get a full set.  I did send Howard some $$, but then he emailed me right away telling me that the webpage was 20 years old and he was unable to removed because he forgot the password.  I know how that can go.  He is sending me back the $20.

Cory

silverton_ford

Here is the list of copies I have. (Thanks to Cory and the late Hans Pedersen).

Issue # - Date
1 (date is not shown)
2 (date is not shown)
3 (date is not shown)
3 - February 1992
5 - May 1994
5 - February 1998
6 - April 2000
7 - April 2001
? - Spring 2010 Shelby American article.  (No issue number.)

Notice (2) # 3 and (2) # 5.  As stated above # 4 doesn't exist.