News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Update on Marti Auto Works Short Upper Radiotor Hose

Started by 6s1640, December 21, 2020, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

I have been communicating with Marti Auto Works on their short upper radiator hose with staples for 289.  Turns out their supplier is making most of the upper radiator hoses on the short end of the tolerance, but a few are getting through on the long end.  Laying a string along the hose, nominal would appear to be very near 13 inches.  Doing the same approach, the short hose is 12.5 inches and the long is 13.5 inches.   See image below.  It appears the tolerance on the drawing is +/- .50 inches.  I am betting the supplier is saving a little money, by reducing material cost and cutting to the short end of the tolerance.  Marti should tighten up the drawing requirements or have them all cut long.  If you order a new hose from Marti, put in a note on your order that you want them to cherry pick a long hose.  Hope this helps.

Best of luck

Cory

hertz350

Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

shelbydoug

Quote from: 6s1640 on December 21, 2020, 06:29:20 PM
Hi all,

I have been communicating with Marti Auto Works on their short upper radiator hose with staples for 289.  Turns out their supplier is making most of the upper radiator hoses on the short end of the tolerance, but a few are getting through on the long end.  Laying a string along the hose, nominal would appear to be very near 13 inches.  Doing the same approach, the short hose is 12.5 inches and the long is 13.5 inches.   See image below.  It appears the tolerance on the drawing is +/- .50 inches.  I am betting the supplier is saving a little money, by reducing material cost and cutting to the short end of the tolerance.  Marti should tighten up the drawing requirements or have them all cut long.  If you order a new hose from Marti, put in a note on your order that you want them to cherry pick a long hose.  Hope this helps.

Best of luck

Cory

That's a big difference. Did Marti acknowledge the variations and commit to any corrections?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

6s1640

Hi Shelbydoug,

The only commitment I got from Marti Auto Works was that all their hoses were built to the engineering drawing.  IMHO, the engineering drawing is too generous on the tolerance.  Marti can tighten up the tolerance or make the tolerance one direction from nominal such as -0.00 +0.50.  If I had an issue, others are having them too.

They were very helpful to me to cherry pick a long hose.  If more people exercise this same request, they might figure it out.  Make the hoses longer.

Cory

kingchief

Hi Cory,

Should the Ford logo be square or oval for a 66??? I just received a set from NPD and they are VERY short!!! NO way the upper will fit!!!!!! Pain in the tush!

Steve
SFM 6S406

J_Speegle

Quote from: kingchief on March 19, 2021, 04:56:29 PM
Hi Cory,

Should the Ford logo be square or oval for a 66???............................

Depends since there were two versions used during 66 production at San Jose

Your early car would have used the earlier version without the wire clamps and retaining staples with the Oval design
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

kingchief

SFM 6S406

6s1640

Hi Steve,

Yes, you purchase the hoses without the clamps and you add the Wittek clamps separately.

Cory

kingchief

SFM 6S406