News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 gt-350 paxton guage bracket Dimension and stamping

Started by crxnug, December 26, 2020, 06:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crxnug

Im hoping someone can help me out, im looking to reproduce the bracket that came with the original 1966 gt-350 paxton gauges, im looking for exact dimensions and any stampings and exact size of that. perfect situation  would be someone that has a original one, any help would be greatly appreciated

Harris Speedster

If I am thinking of the ones that I have seen, you can find them used on Ebay.
Can't think of the brand name, but it is plastered on the inside of the gauge bracket, aluminum as I recall ?
Not sure if one was ever used that was a pressed steel?
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Quote from: Harris Speedster on December 26, 2020, 01:18:57 PM
Can't think of the brand name, but it is plastered on the inside of the gauge bracket, aluminum as I recall ?
John

EELCO is the name I think.

Jon

crxnug

heres the bracket here,  i havent seen any on ebay, im hoping theres someone who has one that can provide more info

TJinSA

I have several, used and NOS, but not able to get tobthem readily. P M me in a few weeks if you are still in a pinch.
Tom Kubler
6S296

gt350hr

Quote from: 1175 on December 26, 2020, 08:27:42 PM
Quote from: Harris Speedster on December 26, 2020, 01:18:57 PM
John

EELCO is the name I think.

+1 THOUSNADS made in the '60s . Eelco name on the back side , polished , not chromed. They still show up at local swap meets out here in Ca. Eelco is long out of business after it's founder Ehls Lon passed.
   Randy

Jon
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TJinSA

Here is a similar gauge panel of unknown heritage (HEY!I resemble that remark!)... 5 1/2 wide by 2 5/8 tall, with gauge holes enlarged for 2 5/8 gauges.

Tom Kubler
6S296

George Schalk

The Paxton gauges, offered in the 60's, were typically sold with a cast aluminum bezel/housing that was manufactured by EELCO.  The housing measured 6" x3.5" x1" with 2" diameter gauge openings.