News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT350/500 glovebox items for D1/D2

Started by 64cobra, January 01, 2021, 01:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64cobra

What is the current standard for items to have in the glovebox?
Thoughts on the hipo manual?

Thanks.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 64cobra on January 01, 2021, 01:38:07 PM
What is the current standard for items to have in the glovebox?
Thoughts on the hipo manual?

Thanks.
I am assuming that you are inquiring from a concours venue stand point. Shelby Owners manual (regardless of version) and 67 version of high performance manual is typical and expected . There was a thin BW Shelby manual version and if that one was in the glove of a 67 then the regular Mustang manual was required to accompany it. The safety tips fold out was supposed to be included but was not always. There are other items that may or may not be present . Extra set of keys if not on key ring in ignition along with key code tab ,license plate bracket nylon insert and screws if not already installed ,Dealer name imprinted literature envelope ,extended warranty certificate are other common seen items . There are other dealer related items that are not mandatory but maybe reasonably relevant . Of course the reproduction vs. no reproduction depending on class applies.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

64cobra

Thank you.  Makes sense.  I would assume on the high performance manual to use the 66 dated one on early cars up thru the January 67 printed one.    Not sure the dates on the 66 ones.

6s2055

Interesting, didn't know an extended warranty was offered. When I bought 0962 from S&C Ford was told I had 90 days!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s2055 on January 01, 2021, 03:39:30 PM
Interesting, didn't know an extended warranty was offered. When I bought 0962 from S&C Ford was told I had 90 days!
It is covered on the last page of the owners manual on the ones that have the updated added sticker on pg 64 and pg 65 (if it were marked).
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 64cobra on January 01, 2021, 03:08:47 PM
Thank you.  Makes sense.  I would assume on the high performance manual to use the 66 dated one on early cars up thru the January 67 printed one.    Not sure the dates on the 66 ones.
Yes on the July of 66 dated first printing Hipo manual would be ideal for early cars however given that they may have been added right before a car was sold/delivered to the first owner and taken from a mixed up stack stack in a dealer office file cabinet ether one would be acceptable . Sometimes cars didn't get owners manuals or hipo supplements installed at SA for whatever reason and the dealer had to come up them to install. At least they were expected to. That is one explanation for the odd alternate original owners manuals . If it was found that a car didn't have a owners manual and a car was not sold until after production ended maybe Shelby ran out then a scramble to provide one no doubt happened .The alternative manuals were a lower cost quicker alternative.