News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 289 hipo Crane fireball heads

Started by 64cobra, December 26, 2020, 09:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

64cobra

Well said.  I have had many people email me about these heads wanting to build a "vintage" race engine.  They are not wanting the new stuff.   They want a period correct part so they can recreate an authentic race engine from the 60's.

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 01, 2021, 08:15:14 AM
Quote from: 2112 on December 31, 2020, 11:08:47 PM
If I needed the top of the line iron head, I would look for N351 heads;

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/pdfs/N351_Sportsman_Head_Product_Specs.pdf

Of course, probably against the rules of your sanctioning body.

You're missing the point Kemosabe.  As the theme lyrics say, "let us return to the days of yesteryear".

It's all about what was, how these machines ARE time machines and how they continue to be relevant today.

You don't need to pretend to be Zorro, the Lone Ranger or Batman. Drive one of Shelby's magical concoctions and YOU are "the Man". You're in a better place then fiction could ever put you into.

Those Crane heads are just another really good trip to back when.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 64cobra on January 01, 2021, 08:36:19 AM
Well said.  I have had many people email me about these heads wanting to build a "vintage" race engine.  They are not wanting the new stuff.   They want a period correct part so they can recreate an authentic race engine from the 60's.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/pdfs/N351_Sportsman_Head_Product_Specs.pdf

You're missing the point Kemosabe.  As the theme lyrics say, "let us return to the days of yesteryear".

It's all about what was, how these machines ARE time machines and how they continue to be relevant today.

You don't need to pretend to be Zorro, the Lone Ranger or Batman. Drive one of Shelby's magical concoctions and YOU are "the Man". You're in a better place then fiction could ever put you into.

I understand how some just don't get it without the magic glasses. It's about owning "ultimate's". It takes some a good deal of time to realize that.

I'm still on the high that started almost 60 years ago. I've never regretted the trip.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

I am not missing the point. You don't want aluminum heads, right? I get that.

Are you going to be subject to tear down and inspection or just a visual check? Why attempt to polish a turd when there is an iron head, from the factory that will blow the doors off anything from the 60's and appear to be at least somewhat stock?

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 01, 2021, 02:30:43 PM
I rest my case.  ;)

To the guy who loves Hooker headers, I say Polish away.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 2112 on January 01, 2021, 07:05:04 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on January 01, 2021, 02:30:43 PM
I rest my case.  ;)

To the guy who loves Hooker headers, I say Polish away.

Not me. Hookers no. (that's Dual 4 barrel) Bellanger's yes.  (...and SuperSnake headers on the '67 500) ;D

Do you mean Polish like from Poland?  :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!