The Cars > 1968 Shelby GT350/500/500KR

1968 reproduction rear bumper- Junk

(1/8) > >>

hurlbird:
the rear bumper on my car needs a re chrome BUT has a college parking sticker from 1968-69 still on it and in good shape i got the car from the original owner. So I thought id get a reproduction till I decide what to do. Keep the old with the sticker on it, re chrome and do without the sticker, try to remove the sticker.

Anyway after some on line research i went with the CJ's rear bumper. Other than it being 1/8 inch too wide and the braces having a 1/4 gap due to the angle, the square bolt holes being misaligned and the replacement bolts 1/8 inch larger head diameter, they were perfect!

Anything out there of excellent quality that you guys have installed? thanks

BGlover67:

--- Quote from: hurlbird on December 27, 2020, 12:42:01 PM ---the rear bumper on my car needs a re chrome BUT has a college parking sticker from 1968-69 still on it and in good shape i got the car from the original owner. So I thought id get a reproduction till I decide what to do. Keep the old with the sticker on it, re chrome and do without the sticker, try to remove the sticker.

Anyway after some on line research i went with the CJ's rear bumper. Other than it being 1/8 inch too wide and the braces having a 1/4 gap due to the angle, the square bolt holes being misaligned and the replacement bolts 1/8 inch larger head diameter, they were perfect!

Anything out there of excellent quality that you guys have installed? thanks

--- End quote ---

Doesn't that just drive you crazy?  There are so many things that have been reposed for early Mustang and Shelby's that are just plain junk.  Would it really have been so much more money to get it right the first time?  I can think of dashes, quarter panels, bumpers, and window gaskets just for a start that no one really makes an accurate reproduction of.  Sad.   :'(

hurlbird:
who is giving all the positive feedback on these products? I read 8-10 very positive comments. Must be false...

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: hurlbird on December 27, 2020, 01:26:52 PM ---who is giving all the positive feedback on these products? I read 8-10 very positive comments. Must be false...

--- End quote ---
There are companies that place bogus + feedback on behalf of companies who pay them to offset and bury negative feedback. I wouldn't be surprise to know that same thing isn't applied to some of these poorer repro reviews.   

68blk500c:
A side note but on topic, go find a good graphics shop and have them reproduce the college sticker to add to your re-chromed bumper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version